Connecticut

Makeup in the new haven area?

Can anyone suggest makeup artists in the new haven area? I don't have a lot to spend so I'm doing some comparison shopping. Also, how much did you pay? Thanks!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Makeup in the new haven area?

• TBee99TBee99 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    d.d nickel http://www.ddnickel.com/ works out of new haven and seems reasonable. i plan on checking her out myself.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Dana Bartone is a big hit with a lot of girls on this board (including me! lol) - she has a salon in Cheshire, but does travel...she is a little pricey, but totally worth it
    "I don't know how it gets better than this. You take my hand and lead me head first - Fearless"
    Anniversary

Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest!
  • edited December 2011
    Ivette Wellman is located in the New Haven area.  I used her for my wedding and enjoyed my experience with her.  Her prices have changed since I got married and are listed on her website: http://www.ivettewellman.com/
    imageimage
    Welcome to the world, Baby W: born on 3/8/12 @ 3:49pm - 8lb 11 oz, 22 in. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    i second d.d nickel... and dana bartone... :)
  • edited December 2011

I LOVE Dana Bartone!  She did my wedding along with one of her associates Amy.  Totally amazing.  Ivette was my original makeup artist.  After my trial it became clear that Ivette was not going to work for me (both in demeanor and finished product), so I found Dana instead.  It was a scary situation to be in having to find a new makeup artist, but Dana put me totally at ease and did an amazing job at my trial to make me feel completely confident in her abilities.  I know a few people that had similar experiences to mine with Ivette, but I also know a few that were pleased with her services. 

Most of the highly recommended artists on TK travel, so you don't have to limit yourself to just the New Haven area... although staying local would eliminate a travel fee.

imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited December 2011
    Andrea Marano is close to New Haven.  I am getting married there and it was close enough to not have to pay travel fees.  If you google her name, you will find her website, which has prices.
  • Vesi312Vesi312 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My friend just booked Candice from Naomi's Salon in West Hartford, and she's out of the New Haven area. I don't know your budget, but she might be worth looking into and her work looks great. I believe she has a page on Naomi's Salon website. www.salonnaomi.com. Good luck.
  • edited December 2011
    I used Sharyn from www.atouchofcolormakeup.com. She is based out of Shelton and doesn't charge traveling fee if you are within 25 miles (might of change since my wedding was last year). 
  • edited December 2011
    I'm using Larissa Lake- she's out of Wethersfield but will travel anywhere. She does great work at reasonable prices... plus she's such a sweetheart!

www.larissalakemakeupartist.com

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    planning bio
  • wrdgirlwrdgirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ditto on Sharyn :)
  • edited December 2011
    I'm using Erin Infantino from Simply Gorgeous by Erin. She travels all over. I looked at DD Nickel too and her work was pretty too. 
  • blipsettprblipsettpr member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

I am using Dana Bartone. She is really great and will travel anywhere. I am also in the New Haven area.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards