Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions

Classic Father Daughter Dance Songs

Hi ladies!  A post on another board reminded me that I need to get on figuring out my father daughter dance!   I talked w/ my daddy and I think we want to go the more classic route....no country (although I'm a fan). 

So far we're considering:
The Way You Look Tonight - Frank Sinatra -Dad thinks may be weird tempo for him to dance to though (he's disabled)
That's How Strong My Love Is- Ottis Redding
Wonderful Tonight- Eric Clapton

Does anyone have ideas of more songs kind of keeping along this feel and sound?  We're also having live music (dueling pianos) so it will sound different.  By the way, my guy is an amazing vocalist and can totally rock some soul!!!

More ideas are greatly appreciated!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Classic Father Daughter Dance Songs

• evabeeevabee member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    three times a lady - lionel ritchie

"you're once.. twice... three times a lady, and I looooove you"

my dad and I are dancing to "these are the days" by van morrison. if your pops is disabled, anything van morrison might be good for him because its smooth, but its definitely not as old school as frank sinatra!

Good luck.. I love all of those songs!
  • edited December 2011
    Me and my dad are dancing to "Have I Told You Lately" by Rod Stewart its a really smooth song... he also used to sing it to me when I was a kid. Try to think of a song from your past to help move things along, plus it will have more of a sentimental meaning. GL
  • edited December 2011
    "What a wonderful world" by Louis Armstrong? That is what we are doing because my grandparents were great friends with Louis, and this was my dad's favorite song that he remembers when he was a kid, so I grew up with it too. It's a beautiful song.
  • edited December 2011
    I'm surprising my daddy with our father daughter dance with "Butterfly Kisses"....My daddy has 4 daughters (i'm the oldest) and ever since I was little I could remember this song playing in the car and my daddy saying "somday this will be me" when the guy talks about his daugther getting married!  Very smooth, very sweet song.
  • Alyona_KAlyona_K member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am planning on 'Isn't She Lovely' LOL first dance. As I am afraid my guests would be so bored if the music is too long and slow..
  • edited December 2011
    Have you thought about "Daddy's Little Girl"?  The original is by Al Martino.  There's a recent re-make by Michael Bubble.

Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards