Florida-West Coast
Options

I choked, I'm hiring a DOC

I asked my coordinator at my resort if she could set out my cupcake tree for me and she told me that I should ask a family memeber to do it because she had other weddings that day too. Seriously?  I'm not sure exactly why I'm paying them so much money.  BUT ANYWAYS...

I. feel. so. relieved.  I was so anti-DOC because I had my hotel coordinator but I realize that there's just too much stuff that needs to be running smoothly so I don't stress about what comes next.

phew.
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: I choked, I'm hiring a DOC

• Options
    ufsweetiebearufsweetiebear member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    CONGRATULATIONS! No shame in it... those coordinators are looking out for the hotel and you need someone on your team. Who did you go with? I bet you won't regret it!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    WOW- that is not the response I would have wanted from my resort coordinator if I had one either!  So sorry to hear that but, I guess its better to know her mind set now and be prepared.

Welcome to the DOC club!  I am so happy and relieved to have one. too..it will be totally worth the money you spend.
    updated: 8/23 the wedding plan 60 in the mailimage 42 Bags are packedimage 18 Missing the funimage
  • Options
    cmeyer3946cmeyer3946 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I actually decided to go with Kathy at 'A Tailored Event'.  I originally booked them just for the bamboo chappuh her because it was the best price.  She came out to my hotel when I flew into town to make sure it was going to be good for the location.  She was so responsive I ended up booking her for my flowers, then my linens, I just emailed her last night and asked her the DOC thing.  She gave me a great rate and I just felt so comfortable with her handling almost everything now including the rehearsal.  Hurray!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    oh god, I think I am going to cave as well.  I am freaking out about making sure everything runs smoothly and since we are doing it at my parents house that could be very difficult......:::bites nails and sighs:::
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Brandles17Brandles17 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I can't believe your coordinator said that!! I think you will be at ease knowing you have a DOC!

I would love to hire a DOC but the cheepest I have found is $800 and I just don't have the room in the budget. If you don't mind me asking, How much is she charging you?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Planning Bio
    Wedding Website
    199image 155image 44image 0image
    RSVP by September 22, 2010
  • Options
    cmeyer3946cmeyer3946 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    She gave me a bit of a discount because I'm getting all this other stuff thru her.  $650 for the whole day and rehearsal.  She also quoted me $250 for ceremony only.  I think that's a great price if you just need someone around to coordinate that part.  It's like a mini-DOC. :)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    If our coordinator had said that, I would have gone straight to the hotel manager!  There's no reason some of the catering staff couldn't have done that for you.  Make sure you includ that in your reviews!
  • Options
    tammyhector77tammyhector77 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It's not choking, you are watching out for your sanity. I just got my DOC like two days ago.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Good for you! I think a lot of brides are under the misconception that if your reception site has a coordinator you don't need a DOC. That is the furthers thing from the truth. Your reception coordinator will not care about keeping you on your timeline all day and about the other hundred details that have nothing to do with the reception. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards