Florida-South Florida

!!VENT!!(kinda long) + DIY update!(PIP)

Ok.. let me vent first...
My job recently laid of a few people and cut our hours down to 32 a week from the usual 40. Just yesterday, they announced they were going to re-organize and restructure the company. Needless to say, my job was changed.
I'm a very computer savvy girl. Gimme any program, and I'll learn it in a second. EVERYONE that knows me at work, knows how very smart I am in all things tech and how I use all the resources given to me in order to solve any issue.. So... here's where I'm working now...

I'm in one of the 2 rooms filled with cases awaiting to be filed in court. Oh.. and my job now consists of placing the cases on the center table, in the stacks on the racks (or floor). I also need to find cases when they are ready to be filed. ALL DAY LONG!! Do you see how high those stacks are?! Today is only day 2, and my feet and back are killing me, my hands are FULL of paper cuts, and my shoulders and arms are sore. I cannot do this. The physical demand for this job is not for me.  UGH!!

::DIY Update::
As some of you know I'm "trying" to make valet tags myself. I still have to buy a regular hole puncher for the top. I used regular white paper for the first one, but I did buy a pack of cream colored cardstock that Angel (ARose29) mentioned in my last post. And I bought a metallic red cardstock paper for the back. 

It's 2inx2in.... do you think that's too small or just right?
Comments pleaaase. I need all the help I can get on this. 

I'll be waiting while I eat some peanut butter and chocolate fudge ice cream that I so desperately need right now!!

Re: !!VENT!!(kinda long) + DIY update!(PIP)

• edited December 2011
    Mari...if I had to go through all that aper all day long I think I would use the paper to slit my wrists!!!!!!!!!! But thats just me. It sucks you have to deal with it!!

That valet cards look good. I think maybe a 3x3 would look even nicer because it would stand out more.
  • edited December 2011
    love the valet tags. came out great!
    sorry to hear about the job. work just plain ol' sucks sometimes. but you'll get through it.
    Invited: 147 image Attending: 81 image Declined: 22 image Not Yet Replied: 44 image RSVP Date: February 28th March Siggy: 1st picture ever taken together. Ohana's restaurant at Disney's Polynesian Hotel imageWedding Countdown Ticker

Updated 7/7/10 Planning Bio
    image -mich-
  • bears4lifebears4life member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    ugh sorry to hear about work hun...that really sucks!

as for the valet tags, they look great...why don't you make one a little bigger so you can compare and see which you prefer?
  • MariMac84MariMac84 member
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks girls <3  I just bought some gloves to wear while I work to avoid cutting up my hands.

Vani... While I was carrying a big stack, I actually ended up getting a paper cut right across my wrist today! :(

I just made another valet tag that's 2.5 x 2.5 and I love it! It's the perfect size <3
  • Lacey36Lacey36 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    sorry to hear about your job, but just be happy you still have the job. What do you do?

great job on the valet tags
    My Bio Photobucket Number Invited 152 image Number Attending 109 image Number Declined 43 image Number Not Replied 0 image RSVP Date June 30th Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • MariMac84MariMac84 member
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks <3

I work for a process serving company, mostly foreclosures. We were EXTREMELY busy up until a few months ago. A new law passed in Florida saying that the bank's attorneys need to provide an extra sheet (a verification letter) in order to begin the foreclosure process and file cases at the courthouse. These letters are hard to get, which is why we are so slow and backed up now.

(All those cases in the room are each waiting for that one letter in order to get filed in court. There are 2 rooms like this!)
  • edited December 2011
    Ugh that sucks. Well hopefully the gloves will help...and wear long sleeves!!

Glad you found a size that works!
  • edited December 2011

That looks like a whole lot of paper.  I get paper cuts all of the time... boy they hurt.  The gloves should definitely help you. 

The valet mock-up looks great.  Glad I could steer you in the right direction for the ivory cardstock.  Also something I would recommend for the holes...  I bought a leather punch at Joanns for under $8 (with a coupon from the website) because I can never find belts with holes where I need them.  The punch has holes of different sizes from small to large.  I used it for my STDs which are magnets that I added a ribbon to so they look like luggage tags.  You may want to consider it since a regular hole punch is pretty large in size. 

• twinkle82576twinkle82576 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm so sorry to hear about your job. It seems a lot of that, I can't take my job thing is going around right now. I hope it gets better for you.

Also, the valet tags look great, and I'm glad you settled on a size you like.
  • edited December 2011
    Hey girly...Hope your job gets better! Like some ppl said at least you still have one so try and be postive...plus all the lifting will get you really toned for the wedding LOL (glass half full kinda girl :) ) but i know i would be PO too regardless!

Love the tags! Super cute!!! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards