Not Engaged Yet

Ewww

I was invited via text to my darling cousin's "Bridal Extravaganza!" Uhhh...ok. It was last Thursday at her friend's house. She said she would have vendors on hand to keep the mood light.

I arrive with a bottle of wine and a gift. There was a Pampered Chef kitchen crap rep and a Pure Romance bedroom toys rep on hand. They did there schpiels and I thought we were done...no, they each circulated a bridal wish list. I was dumbfounded. I've never heard of or participated in anything so gift grabby.

I shouldn't have been surprised. When I recieved the wedding invitation, it didn't include an RSVP, just a request to text regrets. Whiskey Tango Foxtrot?!?

Re: Ewww

• wow Klassy.  I'm not fond of parties like the Pampered Chef or jewelry parties.

Anniversary

• I love your username. 

• Gross and grabby at the same time.  Lovely.
  • I love your username!
    "You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you." -Ray Bradbury 
  • Lame. And, yes, very gift grabby. I've never been a fan of those parties either. I did a pure romance party for a birthday party once, but no one passed around a wish list!
    "There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness." -Friedrich Nietzsche, "On Reading and Writing"
  • A Pure Romance wish list? That just seems so .... wrong. 
    You're so rad, more rad than my dad If you were a fabric you'd be plaid Everybody knows plaid is so rad I think about you and I go mad You're so rad

~The Bouncing Souls

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Engaged ladies, don't forget to put Trojans on your registries!
    Anniversary
  • melizabethpmelizabethp member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited July 2012
    Ahem:

I despise home selling parties, which SO & I fondly refer to as pyramid schemes, and it seems like every fourth person I know has become some sort of "independent sales consultant" recently. Has anyone else noticed an uptick in this sort of thing? I can't seem to figure out why.

Thankfully, I have only gone to one that doubled as a bridal shower, and there was no wish list circulated. At the time, it suited me fine because I didn't have to go out & buy a gift beforehand, until I got there & realized I basically could only afford to buy the bride a pizza cutter.

I've heard of a lot of tacky gift-grabbing practices, but this one takes the cake. I hope you lit the wish list on fire in front of the bride & then doused it in the Pure Romance rep's $30 water-based lube.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

"Sell crazy someplace else. We're all stocked up here."

• I want to respond but am at a loss for words on this one. Did you buy her anything? I need to know haha! Also, text regrets?? Maybe it's a small wedding but if Great Aunt Sue and third cousin Mary just started texting saying "sorry can't make it" I would have no idea who's phone number it was coming from. it would be more of a hassle figuring it out then just having a normal way to RSVP. Maybe if you're bored one day get a bunch of friends at random numbers to text regrets ;)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • It was gross, the entire event...Busch Light in cans, with penis straws and bean dip. I gave her the gift I brought and handed the wine to the hostess. Stuck around until the cameras came out to capture the passing of the "doubleheader dong." Did I really just type that?? I need a shower now. I adore the movie, hence my username!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards