April 2013 Weddings
Options

Measuring/ordering tuxes from Men's Warehouse

Hi all,

My FI is insistent on waiting until mid Jan to order the tuxes for the bridal party.  What generally is the timeline for a tux rental shop such as Men's Warehouse?  I know the knot checklist suggests 5 months out, which seems way early for me...?

Thank you.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Measuring/ordering tuxes from Men's Warehouse

• Options
    I think Jos A Bank told us the guys had until like 2 weeks before the wedding, so I think you're fine.
  • Options
    My FI ordered his tux for his friends wedding about 3 weeks before the event, so you should be fine. FI and his guys will be going in February because they have a coupon for 50 off a tux rental that expires Feb 26th
    158 Invited image | 68 will be there image |6 can't make it image | 84 still need to reply! image
    RSVP Deadline: 4/6/13
    4/26/13 March Siggy Challenge: Bridesmaid Dresses

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    My FI probably won't be going in for his suit until March- pretty much so he knows what he will weight at that point!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Whew.  Thanks ladies.  I guess that means I should get off his back about it.  (Movin' on to the rest of the list...yikes!)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    That's interesting. Our local Men's Wearhouse wants all of the guys in our WP to be in for measurements before the end of the year, so they're going in this Saturday.
  • Options
    We may have a different answer because we're doing a destination wedding and will be measured in Chicago but picking everything up in Georgia. 

We were told to wait until Feb, not only because some guys want to drop a few pounds before the wedding, but because the suits/tuxes out right now in Chicago are for colder weather and the lighter material ones won't be out until after the new year.  *shrug*
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    58 invited image | 17 love destination weddings image
    20 can't make it image | 21 don't know what to do with a RSVP card image
    RSVP Deadline: March 8th
  • Options
    My FI was in a wedding in October and got fitted some time at the end of August/early September I think. The tux didn't come in until literally 2 days before the wedding.
  • Options
    We are going in jan for the tuxes. I heard mens warehouse is pretty fast :)
    148 invitedimage | 105 Yes!image | 8 Noimage |33 still ? image
    RSVP Deadline: March 8
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Does anyone know if tuxes have to all be picked up at that same store? I know guys can get measured anywhere, but I don't know if they all have to be picked up at the same place. Some of our guys are in the same metro area, but some locations would be convenient for some and not others.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_april-2013-weddings_measuringordering-tuxes-from-mens-warehouse?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:820178d7-4f43-4671-bcab-c5c2c01eef1eDiscussion:7d132a8d-342a-4d75-baf9-3b45b0d18344Post:fdc94532-9307-4635-a245-fd72b79b8761">Re: Measuring/ordering tuxes from Men's Warehouse</a>:
    [QUOTE]Does anyone know if tuxes have to all be picked up at that same store? I know guys can get measured anywhere, but I don't know if they all have to be picked up at the same place. Some of our guys are in the same metro area, but some locations would be convenient for some and not others.
    Posted by jls522[/QUOTE]

<div>From experience, no they don't have to be picked up at the same store.  When my FI was in a wedding this past summer and they picked up their tuxes at all different MW locations.</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    FI kind of freaked out about tuxes and we booked Men's Wearhouse a few weeks ago with the rental rate of like $200. I think they said they can get everything in within a couple weeks, so the guys don't need to be measured and fitted yet, but I would recommend looking into your options now.

This past week we were in town to visit family and decided to take a day for wedding stuff. We found a more local tux shop, Seno Formal Wear, that actually is just $150 for the rental, plus they have better color options for us AND we are getting free invitations! We have them booked already, but the guys don't have to send in measurements for a while. I don't remember the store's deadline, but we're gonna tell the guys February. They won't even get fitted until the Friday before the wedding, and this shop said that's still fine -- if need be, they can overnight a different size of shoes or whatever and have it ready the day of the wedding.

I think mid-Jan is fine. That should be plenty of time no matter which shop you decide to book.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    So ready to bring our families together and PARTY on April 13th, 2013!
    image 225 Invited
    image 53 Are ready to party!
    image 18 Will be missing out!
    image 154 Are MIA!
    Reply requested by March 23.
  • Options
    In Response to Re:Measuring/ordering tuxes from Men's Warehouse:[QUOTE]My FI ordered his tux for his friends wedding about 3 weeks before the event, so you should be fine. FI and his guys will be going in February because they have a coupon for 50 off a tux rental that expires Feb 26th Posted by allychase[/QUOTE]

May I ask where the 50 off is and how did u get the coupon? :
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards