New Jersey

Bridal Shops

I went to Cinderella Bridal today... they didn't have as big of a selection as I thought they would.  I made an appointment for Hollywood Bridal and will make one for Russels next week, do these stores have a good selection?

Re: Bridal Shops

• Denise91980Denise91980 member
    First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I think Russell's does...Hollywood has changed from when I was a BM at another wedding so they may have more of a selection since they moved.
    BFP #1 1/1/11 EDD 9/10/11 dx:no hb DNC on 2/2/11 BFP #2 12/28/11 natural m/c on 2/6/12 BFP#3 2/16/13 dx:ectopic on 2/27 (given methotrexate)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • smw42smw42 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I thought Hollywood had a decent selection- I think for Russell's it depends on what salesperson you get. I had a bad experience but a lot of girls have great experiences there. Do you know a particular designer you're leaning towards? That was how I geared my search. I ended up buying my gown from LaBelle Bridal in Jersey City.
    Anniversary Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    I went to LaBelle in Jersey City for my gown too! I really liked them!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • gibribuzgibribuz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I bought my dress from Hollywood Bridal but to tell you the truth... I don't think they had a big selection. I knew what I wanted so I didn't need a huge selection.
    Anniversary
  • hcer0708hcer0708 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I went to Hollywood Bridal and i did not think they had a big selection at all. I thought Russell's had a lot though.
  • Reilly626Reilly626 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Russells has a lot more dresses than Hollywood and better prices also.  They were a lot nicer to me than Hollywood was.
  • mrsdevilguymrsdevilguy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I wasn't overly thrilled with Cinderella Bridal - the sales lady wasn't listening to what I wanted. I got mine at True Love Bridal - smaller store but decent selection and you can go through and pick what you want to try one.
    Kelly & Ron 10.01.10
    Photobucket
    Anniversary Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    Hollywood I think has an ok selection - their new store in Kenilworth although it's not huge, is bigger than their last location.  The staff is very nice there though.  I personally didn't care for their BM dress selections.  Their alterations are included in their prices though which I liked and have heard a lot of positive reviews about them.

I got my dress from Bridals by Roma.  I know there have been mixed reviews on the boards about them, but I went there off of a recommendation and so far I have had a good experience and received good customer service.  They actually cut me one of the best deals with pricing as well (I went to Hollywood and Park Ave. as well).  Alterations are also included in the price for bridal gowns.

Some people have recommended Park Ave. Bridals.  Staff is nice, and a decent size selection, but I didn't care for their selection personally.
  • Lcec_99Lcec_99 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi mrsdevilguy,

Can you tell me what your experience with True Love Bridal has been like so far?  I worked with Anne when I went to try on some dresses.

Thanks
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards