Outdoor Weddings

Lighting Ideas

Hello ladies I am getting maried in August 2 012 and my reception/dance will be outdoors, I am needing help with lighting suggestons (since their is none at the venue) and also if you could help me with websites where I can get lighting fairly reasonable, since we have a budget :) thanks for you responses in advance!!

LilySlim Exercise days tickers Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Lighting Ideas

• We also have an outdoor venue that will finish in the dark. We have bought ALOT of C7-sized LED Christmas lights in warm white, shepard's hooks; 84" and 36" tall to hang mason jar lanterns from, plus we'll have candles on each table and luminiares (paperbag style) marking pathways.

I am crossing my fingers & toes that this will be sufficient!! Its a large area surrounded by tall trees so I don't even think the moonlight will help.

Our only challenge will be figuring out how to string up the lights. Trying to design/construct tall posts with sharpened stakes at one end and an eyebolt or similar at the top to string the lights through. Just not sure if they will hold up to the weight of the lights!!
  • i read on a diy bride's site that she ran a rope between the trees and hooked the lights to that so the weight of the lights wasn't on itself. i plan to do that too, but not for a long time (our date is aug 2013).  also, i spent a lot of time looking on craigslist and got 55 paper lanterns in three sizes for $20, i plan to keep looking for more decorations and i may post in the wanted sections to try to find the brides who just haven't gotten around to getting rid of things they used.

good luck!
  • I just saw some Solar lights at Big Lots, so that would at very least eliminate the extension cords I think, and says even if cloudy they charge so seems like it would help being under shady trees.   $18for 40  http://www.biglots.com/browseItem/lighting-and-solar/6056
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards