Connecticut
Options

Good tailors in eastern/central CT

I need your help - I bought my gown almost 3 months ago and I love it.  However, I was more succesful losing weight than I thought I was going to be and now my dress is baggy on me.  I don't know how reasonable David's Bridal is in comparisons (where I got my gown).  Anyone have any recommendations of reasonably priced tailors?
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Good tailors in eastern/central CT

• Options
    cgbabe229cgbabe229 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I went to La Sarta Maria in Westerly RI.  I don't know if that is too far for you, but Maria was great and was reasonably priced.  Mine and all my girls dresses came out beautiful!  If it isn't too far, I would check her out.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011

That's good to know becasue I'm moving to westerly and looking for a tailor out there.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I used Sebastian's Tailoring in Glastonbury.  Reasonable prices, quick, and he did a fantastic job taking in my dress (corsetted top with a lot of beading... not an easy task!) Owner's name is Rocco. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    eltar08eltar08 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_connecticut_good-tailors-easterncentral-ct?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:65Discussion:db9bbc2f-439d-47cb-9a8e-b0bbfee0d618Post:f3bf15c7-05ed-436d-ae5d-eaa5f5b02e2c">Re: Good tailors in eastern/central CT</a>:
    [QUOTE]I used Sebastian's Tailoring in Glastonbury.  Reasonable prices, quick, and he did a fantastic job taking in my dress (corsetted top with a lot of beading... not an easy task!) Owner's name is Rocco. 
    Posted by sjgurl784[/QUOTE]

This is great to hear!  Perfect location too!  I assume he also did the bustle for you and that came out well too?
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards