Wedding Etiquette Forum

Help me decide (poll)

Im torn between these shoes.  Which do you like better?

045_45-1 photo 045_45-1.jpg
BabyFruit Ticker
DX: PCOS/Recurrent losses/MTHFR mutation (compound hetero)
5 hysteroscopies/2 surgical
3 Inject IUIs = 2 m/c's and 1 BFN
IVF #1= BFP. m/c at 7w6d. Needed 2 D&C's and scar tissue removal. Mild OHSS
IVF #2 = BFP. Severe OHSS. 4 Drainings. TWINS!

Re: Help me decide (poll)

• I love, love, love the louboutins.
    The blahniks are alright.

omg I love those shoes.
  • the white ones are neat. the blue ones are very copycatty.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_decide-poll?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:a89c0624-fa72-436c-82d3-9e6fca6d5794Post:9b9a02d6-e539-4e5d-8d3c-7f3fa73a1cd1">Re: Help me decide (poll)</a>:
    [QUOTE]the white ones are neat. the blue ones are very copycatty.
    Posted by daffodil_jill[/QUOTE]

Did someone else make them first?
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • weren't those carrie bradshaw's wedding shoes?
  • Yeah, but same maker.

I thought you meant Manolo ripped them off another designer.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • The blue ones do look like things I've seen before. The white ones however...
  • no, i meant copying carrie.
  • I think it depends when you have your wedding mostly.   The blues are too heavy for summer, the whites are too airy and light for winter. 

Personally, I don't like the blue ones.  I think they look too matronly for a twenty sonething bride, even with the fun color. 

I love the white ones.   LOVE. 

"Whatever East. You're just mad I RSVP'd "lame" to your pre-wedding sleepover."
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_decide-poll?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:a89c0624-fa72-436c-82d3-9e6fca6d5794Post:98c68300-c548-49de-bd9b-01cfb980f127">Re: Help me decide (poll)</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think it depends when you have your wedding mostly.   The blues are too heavy for summer, the whites are too airy and light for winter.  Personally, I don't like the blue ones.  I think they look too matronly for a twenty sonething bride, even with the fun color.  I love the white ones.   LOVE. 
    Posted by eastunder1[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I was leaning more to the white ones.  I'm getting married in November.

I wish I was a twenty something bride, lol.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_decide-poll?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:a89c0624-fa72-436c-82d3-9e6fca6d5794Post:8f042979-7bce-45d6-8762-ea7b3f45e361">Re: Help me decide (poll)</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Help me decide (poll) :  I wish I was a twenty something bride, lol.
    Posted by Blueyed228[/QUOTE]
    wut?
  • edited May 2010
    They're both fine, but I prefer the Louboutins. And honestly, the "something blue" manolos are a bit overdone for me. Which might be why I prefer the white ones. If the manolos were a different color, then maybe. 

See, I skipped this BS and bought silver Jimmy Choos instead.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_decide-poll?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:a89c0624-fa72-436c-82d3-9e6fca6d5794Post:8f042979-7bce-45d6-8762-ea7b3f45e361">Re: Help me decide (poll)</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Help me decide (poll) :  I wish I was a twenty something bride, lol.
    wut?
  • <----dirty thirty over here.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • NUH-UH. you can't possibly be 30. like, can i have your potion?

i would've guessed 19, not 30.
  • Everything East said.  I voted white.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_decide-poll?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:a89c0624-fa72-436c-82d3-9e6fca6d5794Post:fd2d543d-cec0-4c7d-96cc-4972a76e3fed">Re: Help me decide (poll)</a>:
    [QUOTE]NUH-UH. you can't possibly be 30. like, can i have your potion? i would've guessed 19, not 30.
    Posted by daffodil_jill[/QUOTE]

Well I smoke a pack a day, used to drink like a fish until 2 years ago, tanned twice a week until I was 25, lol.

I dont know, maybe it was just good lighting in my pics.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I used to work for Manolo and bought the blue ones before the movie came out.  I knew they would be in the movie, but not in such a prominent scene.  By the time my wedding came around I was sick of hearing about them, but since they were half paid for by my coworkers it was too late to switch. 

I may have been extra annoyed since I had to see people at work everyday gasping and taking pictures of them in the store.  They were cliche for a wedding when I wore them, so definitely cliche now.  We basically sold it to only brides.

Go with the Louboutins.  I love a pair that was out recently with broken mirror pieces all over.  I would wear them for my wedding now.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Go with the Louboutins, awesome !
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_decide-poll?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:a89c0624-fa72-436c-82d3-9e6fca6d5794Post:ce8c5068-8daa-45a7-abe7-b0af2df784f5">Re: Help me decide (poll)</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Help me decide (poll) : Well I smoke a pack a day, used to drink like a fish until 2 years ago, tanned twice a week until I was 25, lol. I dont know, maybe it was just good lighting in my pics.
    i guess? but wow. i really thought you were in your early 20s.
  • I like both shoes but here's what would make my decision...

The heel placement on the blue shoes (under the "ball of the heel") are easier to walk in and more comfortable than where the heel is on the white ones (at the back of the heel).  At least in my opinion.

And I second Jill...no way to 30
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Lol, I promise.  2-28-80 but you guys are making me feel so much better about it, ha!  I was having a bit of a mid-mid life about it when it happened.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Here are the Rodarte Louboutins my girlfriend wore to her wedding.  She is one of the only brides I can imagine pulling it off.  She is a rocker Sienna Miller look alike. She had them in a champagne color. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Ohhh I like!  But my FI is only about an inch taller than me and touchy about super high heels.

But I may get those just to have!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • They were a limited production in 2008:(  So hot though.

I agree about the comfort though...the blue ones were pretty comfortable for a stiletto.  All shoes hurt me, but they were bearable.  The strappier a shoe the more it hurts usually.  And the heel placement under the ball of the foot makes a big difference.

This is another shoe I wanted for my wedding, in ivory.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Sascha- Those rocker ones are hot!
  • They are nothing less than amazing.  I will always covet them.  They did a pair with the spikes on the toes and I fantasized about wearing to the bar when drunk chicks accidentally step on my shoes.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • The white ones!
  • I think colored shoes are one of those things that will date your wedding pictures, so I vote white.
    Abigail Rose, EDD 6/8/13 BabyFetus Ticker

Nose Job Blog
  • leaynleayn member
    First Comment
    I love the white pair!  I want to cuddle with them for some reason.
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards