Michigan-Northern
Options

Traverse City Reception Hall ideas

Hi Everyone,
My fiance and I are getting married up in Traverse City at St. Josephs on Mission Point. We are looking for a little bit of a unique place to have our reception, but I'm having a hard time finding a few options. One that I loved (so you have an idea of my taste) is the Traverse City Opera House, but it's a little out of our price range.

Does anyone have any suggestions of places we could look within a half hour or so of St. Joseph's? I appreciate any help you can give me!

Thanks so much,
Kaitlyn

Re: Traverse City Reception Hall ideas

• Options
    nstraversenstraverse member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Hi there,

Depending on when your wedding is, Timber Ridge Resort has a nice reception hall that fits about 150 people. It is up on Hammond about a mile East of 5 mile. The website is www.timberridgeresort.net . It is under $1000. for that room and includes that tables and chairs.

The top of that Park is a nice place but a little more pricey. Also the Dome at the Park Place Hotel is nice but not totally apporpriate for accustics. There is always the GT Resort but that is pricey too. Then there is the Water Front Inn on East Bay.

Hope that helps a little.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Have you considered hosting the reception on site in a tent with the tent transformed into a hall for you I work with a vendor that provides this service and has multiple size tents to ensure your wedding is warm and comfortable and airy,  I am a planner and do alot of decor for them for the tents and would be thrilled to help you set up your dream reception in the same area.  The provider who also provides tents does catering too you can find out about them at www.bjscatering.com you can see tent decor ideas at www.ladybugzcreations.com and click on wedding galleries. 

Thanks
    Christy Kerley
    owner Ladybugzcreations.com
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I second Timber Ridge Resort.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Grand Traverse Resort and Spa has great spaces, there are a couple of places on www.greystonemansion.net that are beautiful, the Elks Club has great views and isn't as expensive.  Holiday Inn West Bay also has great spaces.  There is a beautiful house on Wellington Street that also does some receptions.
  • Options
    ljsanokljsanok member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    For a smaller wedding: Bower's Harbor Inn has a brand new venue
    http://www.bowersharborinn.net/index.php

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    booffybooffy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are having our ceremony and reception at Bowers Harbor Inn this summer--it is beautiful!  The pics on their website don't do it justice. They just built a new reception facility on site (the Peninsula Room) which accommodates larger wedding parties.  If you are interested, we took a bunch of pictures when we were there last, I'd be happy to email them to you.
    Good Luck!
  • Options
    TRAVERSE CITY - HOLIDAY INN WEST

WARNING - I just spent 4 months negotiating our contract only to find out that they are likely being bought out and they decided to cancel our contract and have to replan my entire wedding. Beware!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards