California-Northern

Daytime wedding, wondering about post reception suggestions

Hi, we are planning a daytime ceremony and lunch reception in wine country, probably Sonoma or Healdsburg. I am wondering what we should suggest our guests do after the reception and festivities are done, since it will be about 4 or 430. I would love to hear your daytime wedding schedules and suggestions. Thanks

Re: Daytime wedding, wondering about post reception suggestions

• edited December 2011
    Would you really need to host something after that? Since you're having your wedding at noon time and the reception ends at 4, you don't need to do anything else for your guests. 
    Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot! Wedding Countdown Ticker http://hannahandalec.weebly.com/ My Planning Bio-Updated 9/18
  • edited December 2011
    You could book a hotel suite and have people come over to hang out if they want. 
  • RobigigRobigig member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We will be leaving right after the reception, so I was looking for suggestions that someone else could do w the guests. I could have a family member host a post-wedding get together in a suite. I was not sure if others with daytime weddings had anything planned minus bride and groom for the evening. 
  • edited December 2011
    Our wedding (in St. Helena on Sept 10th) was during the daytime as well; the reception was over by 6pm.  Being on a budget, my husband and I still wanted to continue the festivities with any of those that wanted to join and we struggled to find somewhere to go. 
    We ended up deciding to use the hotel's restaurant and lounge area at the hotel we were both staying the night.  It ended up perfect!  Low key, relaxed and we brought our own wine and food.  Are you staying at a hotel near your wedding/reception venue?  Ask the hotel if they have an area you can use.  We stayed at the Best Western Premier Ivy Hotel and they were very accomodating.  Their restaurant/lounge area could easily fit 40 people, possibly 50.  And they didn't charge us to use the space!  (We also did that for our rehearsal dinner!)
    Congrats, and best wishes.
  • RobigigRobigig member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the suggestions, it definitely helps!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards