Texas-Houston
Options

Stressed. Out. TIMELINES.

Ok, so maybe you ladies can help me. I know in my head that Im making this WAY more complicated than it should be, but its driving me nuts. Wedding day TIMELINE.

So, here is the scoop. Getting married in Galveston.  Church is about 5 minutes from reception (which is at the San Luis.)  I have my photog for approx. 10 hours.  Ceremony starts at 4:30, reception ends at 11:30. Girls are all getting our hair/makeup done at the San Luis Spa. I have arranged for Trolley for bridal party transportation.  The guys are getting dressed at San Luis. I have two options for the girls. We can get dressed at the San Luis or get dressed at the church.  I would LIKE to take my candid pics at the San Luis, becasue the scenery is prettier, more photo ops, etc.  When should I be ready? When should I have photographer start (I want getting ready pics)? Photog said she needs about an hour before wedding to shoot details at reception location. Im SO confused. lol. HELP???

Re: Stressed. Out. TIMELINES.

• Options
    STBMrsMartinSTBMrsMartin member
    Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I would be ready by 2 pm. Gives you plenty of time to take pics with your girls before or if you want to do the "first look."
    Photobucket
    Our little miracle, Jett.
    Planning Bio,
    My Blog
  • Options
    sweet__peasweet__pea member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would say be ready by 1 or 2 pm for photo ops. Is your photographer coming w/a second shooter?  I don't think you need your photog with you the entire time you are getting married, mainly just when hair and makeup takes place.

My reception was also @ San Luis and he and his wife arrived, took some pics of me getting ready (H&MU) and then he left to take detail shots of our reception room.  From there, he headed to the beach to take pics of detail shots there and of the guys (we rented a beach house for them).

His wife did stay with us, but just taking pics of me in my dress and w/bouquet.  Afterwards, she followed as my girls and I headed to the beach for the wedding.  I don't think you need more than an hour for photo ops w/your girls.  It should just be about 30-40 minutes, really.

Let me know if you have any more questions!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    So, if we are ready by 1:30 or 2, then what? When should we be at the church by,s ince I am wanting to take pics at teh San Luis? :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Sorry I have no advice, but RELAX and HAVE FUN!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards