Registry and Gift Forum

What to do

I have been looking at stores for my registries and have found that I have a problem. Crate & Barrel carries a lot of what I want however their are key pieces that I can only find at Bed, Bath & Beyond, Target or Pottery Barn. For example my favorite linens are at Pottery Barn (towels, sheets, napkins), my favorite household appliances are at Target (iron, steamer) and my favorite kitchen appliances are at Bed, Bath & Beyond (hand mixer, toaster). I can't find these items at the other three stores but I know that 4 registries is just too much. What do I do?

Re: What to do

• vsgalvsgal member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    Four is a lot.  I would pick the three places that will be the best for you and your guests and go with those.  I mean, if you only like the toaster and the iron from Target, I would not register there.
    ROCK IS KING!!
  • I would register at Crate & Barrel, BBB and Pottery Barn and use cash gifts to purchase the Target appliances.  Target's registry system is supposed to have a lot of computer, employee and customer error in addition to a bad return policy when you get duplicates due to the errors. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_registering-gifts_what-to-do?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:34Discussion:44d258d8-63e0-42f3-a3f4-e186d890750ePost:69fbd534-a300-423f-a0b3-cf6149801621">Re: What to do</a>:
    [QUOTE]I would register at Crate & Barrel, BBB and Pottery Barn and use cash gifts to purchase the Target appliances.  <strong>Target's registry system is supposed to have a lot of computer, employee and customer error in addition to a bad return policy when you get duplicates due to the errors.</strong> 
    Posted by gottahavashorti[/QUOTE]

While I love to shop there, I agree.  Target has the worst return policy I have ever seen of any major retailer.
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I agree with the other posts.  Leave Target out.  I always hear how bad their return policy is on the boards.
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I agree about Target (kind of wish I hadn't registered there) especially since it take 24 hours for them to update the registry so if people go to buy shower presents you just have to hope that they don't go shopping within 24 hrs of each other (ridiculous) and that they give you a gift receipt. I bought  gift for a friend's shower and had to call the hotline a week later to get it taken off her registry cause it was still listing as unpurchased (the cashier did scan her reg barcode).

• I honestly don't think it's a big deal to have all four as long as you're not obnoxious about it. If someone asks where you are registered, give them a couple choices. Maybe you know they have a Target right down the street or that they love Crate and Barrel. Just mention those two.

As a guest, I usually find registries by going online to one of those stores and searching for the couple's name. If I find it the first hit, I don't go on to search all the other stores I can think of. I would never have a clue they also registered at X, Y, and Z.

Basically what I'm saying is who is going to know? You're not going to include a list in the invites (right?) and since these are super common stores, I don't even think it's necessary to put it on a website.
  • Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards