Pennsylvania-Philadelphia
Options

Suggestions for Sept/Oct 2013

My fiance and I recently got engaged and are planning a wedding for September or October of 2013.  We do not know our budget yet, but believe we will have between 150 and 180 guests.  We like the idea of an outdoor, rustic style venue with an indoor alternative in case of rain.  So far we have emailed the Audobon, Tyler Arboretum, Morris Arboretum, and a few others as ideas. 

We'd love suggestions for venues that meet that critera! Thanks!

Re: Suggestions for Sept/Oct 2013

• Options

imageimageimage

March 2013 Board February Siggy
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lauren & William
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 152 Invited so far!
    image 100 Are ready to party!
    image 24 Will be missing out!
    image 28 Are MIA!
  • Options
    We just booked the Morris Arboretum for Sept 2013.  Its lovely!
  • Options

congrats!!! my fiance and i are thinking of sept 2013 too!
    tyler was the first place we looked at and we LOVED it....and still do....but it is pricey! its still at the top of our list because everything (minus the alcohol, is included.) the food looks amazing, and the ground are amazing.

the old mill is second choice(second because i liked it but FI wasnt there to see yet and i want his opinion!) they have a wonderful outside field with a bamboo wall either to get pictures taken by it or get married infront of. the inside is an old rustic looking dinning area. it has a "stage" that was set up with the bridal table on it,that was the only part i didnt like. you can definately put the cake up there or even the buffet or band. they also have a court yard to have your cocktail hour in along with the tent. this place was great because it was very reasonably priced, and the owner is all about customizing and letting the bride have full creative reins.

our last on the list is the abington art center. we went because my coworker just booked her wedding there and loved it. when we were talking to brooke, we realized my coworker booked her wedding the same day we were thinking of. ha! we joke that we can have the wedding the day after and just leave the flowers and decor the same. jokes jokes. this place was really different. they have two outside areas to get married in. the reception and cocktai hour are held under the pavillion they have. the art instalments are really fun and def would make a great conversation starter for guests.

the only place we saw and didnt like was the morris arboretum. i dont know if we were comparing it to the tyler arboretum too much or the fact that the woman was upset we got there early...but we ended up just walking out of the appointment. it was just as expensive as tyler, yet had a lot let to it and didnt offer much else.

sorry for writing so much! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards