Military Brides
Options

Is this stupid? Monogram help

I thought I would incorporate something Army-like into it. But is it juvenile? 

Re: Is this stupid? Monogram help

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I'd take out the &, it makes the monogram too busy. 

The whole monogram is ok, not my style though. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks. The more I look at it. The 15 year old trying to plan a wedding I feel. I'll scrapping the whole thing. lol 
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I'm thinking I'm going to use this, maybe just center it a little better? Any other ideas from anyone? 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'd still take out the & sign.  It's still too busy, I feel like the R gets lost.  Is there a reason you want to use the &?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Not really, but I didn't like the way it looked without the ampersand. Like it ties it together?  I'll try it later and see what it looks like. 
  • Options
    iluvmytxrgriluvmytxrgr member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I also think it is too busy with the & in it.  I would leave it out.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the feedback ladies! I just ended up scrapping it all and starting over again. :) I posted them on the DIY if you want to look at them and give me any feedback. :) 
  • Options
    LuluP82LuluP82 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't think monograms normally have &. It's usually just bride initial groom last initial groom first initial.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    That would make sense. I was having issues with the layout. I could not figure out how to just do the letters and make it look right. I downloaded some fonts tonight and tried those and it made it much easier to make it all fit together. 
  • Options
    calindicalindi member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I like it a lot, except for the J and M - they look a little funky to me. Maybe make the J look a bit less like a 7, and the sides of the M a bit more even?  The way it dips down on the right side looks like it's squished.

Anniversary

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree with Calindi. It's beautiful, but the "M" looks a little squished. Other than that I think that it looks good. I LOVE the colors by the way. :)
    No Amount Of Distance Can Seperate The HeartPhotobucketWedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards