Wedding Party
Options

I get the picture

Ok now everyone can stop posting stuff I get it and Idc anymore

Re: I get the picture

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_moh-bridesmaids-dont?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:37Discussion:5d0a1965-210e-49ad-a0ad-aab59fda744cPost:32d6830d-6f6e-4665-bade-247b3114ebef">My MOH and Bridesmaids don't help!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ok...so I have my 3 cousins in my wedding party my MOH is the oldest and then her 2 twin sisters are the bridesmaids...I understand that they live 45 mins away from me but I try texting them or calling them to keep them updated and it seems like they don't care or don't want to help.  I'm trying to just let it go since i have basically done everything by myself anyways. When i got my dress I only had my mom and her friend from work there. Then my dad had to call and get them to go get their dresses.  Even then they bring their friends too it which I have no idea who they are.  They showed up late the the shower my mom's friend had for me and I had to text them to find out if I'm even having a bachloratte party. I know that they have never been in a wedding before but I need help. IDK what to do I want to tell them that I want them out of the wedding but I don't think I can the wedding is in 6 weeks.
    Posted by amsouza213[/QUOTE]
    *facepalm*

Try lurking first.  Seriously, if you read through even the first page of posts, your question would be answered.  Your situation is not special.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • Options
    Scroll down and read some of the threads on this page.  You'll get your answer.
    The Bee Hive Est. June 30, 2007
    "So I sing a song of love, Julia"

BFAR:We Defined Our Own Success!

• Options
    Joined yesterday and the wedding's in February? 

• Options
    Your wedding is in six weeks!  Don't ask anyone to step down now.

Rather than going by text, if you want help, I recommend calling them and talking to them and asking for the help.  If they can give it then that's great.

I'll agree that it's not great to show up to the shower late but it sounds like these ladies are really young and not "up" on what a lot of BMs will do.
  • Options
    When I ordered my MOH to have her dad build a candy buffet, she laughed at me, so I kicked her in the face and made her sign a brideslave contract. Ever since then, things have been fine.
  • Options
    Did anyone look at her profile?  She's 20...just a little beebee.  Who wants to set her straight?  Callers?
    imageAnniversary

RIP Dr. Irving Fishman - 10/1/19-7/25/10 - thank you for holding on for me.
    You made my wedding day complete.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_moh-bridesmaids-dont?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:37Discussion:5d0a1965-210e-49ad-a0ad-aab59fda744cPost:e7f9c809-64b1-491a-8613-90b54d015a8c">Re: My MOH and Bridesmaids don't help!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I have tired calling them and they don't sound like they care at all. One of the bridesmaids told me that she might not be able to be there during the day of my wedding just right before the wedding because she has something to do.  On christmas I asked them what is going on feb. 11 which is the rehersal but they didn't know and I tell them all the time. I've tired looking on here for other people with my problem and I can't find it.

I'm sorry. What?

• Options
    I'm calling it ladies.

• Options
    Where do all of you people come from?! 
    Sunbonnet or cone of shame? You be the judge! Trixie's Blog
    My Planning Bio
    My Married Bio updated March 4
  • Options
    Amsouza - three things.

1) Your "problem" is not unique.

2) Most of your "problem" is not really a "problem."

3) The "problem" here is YOUR expectations, not your girls' reactions.  They're your family, not your slaves.
    imageAnniversary

RIP Dr. Irving Fishman - 10/1/19-7/25/10 - thank you for holding on for me.
    You made my wedding day complete.
  • Options
    From under the bridge, duh.

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_moh-bridesmaids-dont?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:37Discussion:5d0a1965-210e-49ad-a0ad-aab59fda744cPost:9dfbd62b-1396-41eb-b647-cdcc21b0044d">Re: My MOH and Bridesmaids don't help!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]what

Who's on first?
  • Options
    Are you close with these girls normally, or are they your bridesmaids just because they're family?  If you didn't really have a relationship before you got engaged, it's not surprising that you don't really have a relationship now, and that they simply don't care.  People don't change who they are because you got new jewelry.

If you were close with these girls before and now they seem to be pulling away, maybe something's going on in all of their lives.  But if three people have independently done a 180 personality-wise in your relationship, maybe YOU'RE the one with the problem.  If one of my friends were calling me every time she changed her color scheme or adjusted the menu, I wouldn't be returning her calls either.  No one, and I mean no one, will care about your wedding as much as you, and hopefully your FI.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_moh-bridesmaids-dont?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:37Discussion:5d0a1965-210e-49ad-a0ad-aab59fda744cPost:1b30de40-314e-4bac-aee1-9d3bd5bdc41b">Re: My MOH and Bridesmaids don't help!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Just because I'm 20 darling doesn't mean I don't know anything but I'm not a baby which I believe is the right way to spell it last time I was in school. 

Bwahahaha!

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_moh-bridesmaids-dont?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:37Discussion:5d0a1965-210e-49ad-a0ad-aab59fda744cPost:32d6830d-6f6e-4665-bade-247b3114ebef">I get the picture</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ok now everyone can stop posting stuff I get it and Idc anymore

Cause that's going to make people stop posting.

• Options
    If I got a text on Christmas Day asking about a February rehearsal, I'd probably shut my phone off.
  • Options
    MyNameIsNotMyNameIsNot member
    First Comment First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited December 2009

Obviously, you are a troll.  But if you were real, you'd be way too immature to be getting married.  You are acting more like 12 than 20.

• Options
    Guys, I know we've had a lot of posts like this here but PLEASE remember that the OP needs to be treated with respect.
  • Options
    I'm guessing that I was right, the OP was never that close to the cousins, and somehow hoped that they'd be friends through the wedding.

• Options
    OP even if you want us to stop posting, your original post was already quoted and therefore it makes you like a big baby/bee bee/bewbe for trying to run away.
    Sunbonnet or cone of shame? You be the judge! Trixie's Blog
    My Planning Bio
    My Married Bio updated March 4
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards