Massachusetts

Calling all Western MA Knotties!

Hi Folks! We need to get some life into this board! In my wedding month board we did a roll call... some getting to know you questions and what not, so here goes!

1. Where are you getting married?

2. What vendors have you booked so far?

3. What's your favorite restaurant in Western MA?

4. What is your wedding date?

5. Share something about yourself.
~The Future Mrs. L~ Planning Bio Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Calling all Western MA Knotties!

• edited December 2011
    1. Where are you getting married? Our ceremony is at Our Lady of Fatima in Ludlow, and the reception will be at The Salem Cross Inn in West Brookfield.

Photographer- Karen Geaghan
    DJ- Dave Costa
    Florist- Mark Henry Florist

I haven't been to too many (FI is from Western MA, I'm from the North Shore) but we went to Spoleta a few weeks ago and their 3 course meal was great!

4. What is your wedding date? May 19, 2012

5. Share something about yourself. I have wanted a pug for as long as I can remember, and I'll finally be getting one at the end of this summer when I move out of the city and FI and I buy a house! yay!
    ~The Future Mrs. L~ Planning Bio Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I was looking into Salem Cross Inn...we are trying to set up a time to view it at the end of the month! How many people are you expecting to have?
  • edited December 2011
    1. Where are you getting married? Log Cabin

2. What vendors have you booked so far? all of the major ones

3. What's your favorite restaurant in Western MA? Max's Tavern

4. What is your wedding date? Aug 13, 2011

5. Share something about yourself.  FI and I both live in Boston and we're looking to buy in the suburbs in the next 2 years.
    August 2011: E-Pic! Photobucket
    229 image Invited to celebrate!
    191 image Remembered to RSVP!
    26 image Can't make it
    7 image Got lost on the way to the mailbox

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Damoursk- we're hoping to have 200, which is the max that the barn can accomodate for a wedding (to leave space for dancing), but we're inviting about 250 (some from out of country and cross-country that we are pretty sure won't make it). If we go over 200, we will probably have to rent a tent to put at the front of the barn and costs about $2500...

Salem Cross is beautiful though, and Nancy and Donna, the owners, are great!
  • edited December 2011

Ceremony at a church in Westborough.  Reception at the Beechwood Hotel in Worcester.

DJ - Charles Bernard (the DJ Experience)
    Florist - Herbert E. Berg
    Limo - AA Transportation
    Cake - Konditor Miester
    Photography - David Stubbart
    Invitations - Creative Papers, Natick.

Not sure about this one.  I'm not really sure what my favorite restaurant in general is!  I've been sitting here trying to think of something, I got nothing for this one! 

June 25, 2011

I'm going to add to the dog theme since you mentioned it already.  I've wanted a dog since I was 15 (when the family dog had to be put down).  First I said I would get a dog when I got my first place after college.  But since then, I've had jobs that require me to work strange and sometimes long hours.  Then I figured, maybe some day when I move in with a guy or get married, I'll get a dog then because I'll have help.  I'm marrying a man that's allergic to dogs!!!!   Guess it's not in the cards for me.
    (But on the plus side I do have a cat who's been with me for 12 years now and she's a little sweetie!!!)
  • edited December 2011
    Suznh- maybe you could get a dog with hair instead of fur for FI's allergies?

There's a list here.

I know what you mean about waiting though, I was sure I would get one the moment I graduated college, my parents even offered to get it for me as my grad gift, but then I stayed in the city in an apartment and it just didn't make sense. I'm counting down the days now though!!
  • edited December 2011
    That was my suggestion to him!  I said I would totally go that route even though I had my heart set on another type of dog.  It usually results in a fight, so I try not to bring it up anymore............I'm waiting until AFTER the wedding!!!  LOL. 
  • edited December 2011
    Wachusett Village Inn (Ceremony and Reception)

We used Ellen Kettle as our Travel Agent and Ruth Locke will be performing our wedding. Also, our cake is included in our package by Aunty Ellen's Creative Confections

We are using friends for the DJ and Photographer

I'm a fan of the Old Mill in Westminster, but that's where we had our first date and got engaged, so I'm a little partial

September 9, 2011

I love being outside and can't wait for the warm weather to start since the closest mountain to me closed for the snowboarding season!
    image 89 We asked to dance
    image 78 Are ready to go! image 11 Are lame but save us some money! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Edwards Church and then we are moving down to Hotel Northampton

Photographer- Karen Geaghan
    Florist- VJS
    Cake- Cake by Deb

I love Look Restaurant. It has the best bannana bread french toast.

July 9, 2011

I would love to move back to New England. I really miss the seasons.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Hi Western MA knotties!  Love reading about all of your weddings.

We'll be getting married in Look Park (Pines Theatre), with our reception at the Garden House.

Caterer - Seth Mias
    Flowers/Cake - Atkins Farm
    Rehearsal Dinner - Mulino's
    DJ - After Hours DJ
    Photographer - Channing Johnson
    Groom/Groomsmen - Men's Wearhouse
    Bridesmaids - Alfred Angelo
    Transportation - King Ward Buses
    Hotel Blocks - Holiday Inn & Comfort Inn, Hadley
    Hair/Make-up - Salon Divine
    Officiant - Close Friend
    Invitations/Paper Stuff - Etsy Designer

Don't really have one!  We live in Boston so when we're out in Western MA we're usually eating delicious home cooked meals :)  I'd say my favorite restaurant in Boston is Ole - delicious Mexican food.

Saturday, October 8, 2011

I've lost 60 pounds in the past year on Weight Watchers!
  • edited December 2011
    I'm on weight watchers too!!! I've only lost 15 pounds, while that is great, I was hoping to be down much more for my wedding. But I'm back on point and I'm just going to lose whatever I can before then! I don't know if you are ever on the WWs boards, but there's a brides to be thread under special occassions. I'm also in Boston a lot, I work there and so does my fiance. Congrats on the weight loss, that's wonderful!
  • edited December 2011
    Weight Watchers is such an amazing program!  I'll definitely have to check out the WW board on here...I'm sure that would help when I'm losing my motivation :)

Congratulations on YOUR weight loss!  15 pounds is wonderful.  It's so hard when you feel like there's a timeline that you have to meet...it's easy to feel like you have to lose a certain number of pounds by a certain date, and be dissapointed when you don't meet that.  I've definitely had those moments and just keep telling myself that even if I'm not exactly where I want to be, I'm much happier now than I was a year ago.  You have a great outlook - lose what you can before then, and you'll be a gorgeous bride no matter what!
  • edited December 2011
    audreyjem-thanks so much for doing this!  i would love to be as active on this board as i am on my month board!

Hello WesternMass Knotties!  I am planning from Montana so if you have any advice (good/bad) I am all ears!!!  Also, my FI is from the Berks and I am not, so I don't know much first hand except for the couple of trips we've taken out for Christmases.

1. Where are you getting married? haven't booked yet.  we have a wedding planning trip in May and will book our venue then-want to see it before we pay for it!

2. What vendors have you booked so far? None!  Help!

3. What's your favorite restaurant in Western MA?  Haven't been to many, but Patrick's Pub in Pittsfield has awesome wings!

4. What is your wedding date? June 2, 2012

5. Share something about yourself.  I fell in love with New England on an 8th grade class trip to Boston.  It's only fitting that many years later, I fell in love with a man from there.  We are hoping to move out that way when I'm finished with grad school (why we're in Montana).
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic "June 2012" November Siggy: cake inspiration Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Congrats drjf and suznh99!  Stay strong, and feel free to reach out on this board, too, if you start to lose motivation!  You can do it!

Secondly, I should mention that I already have my dress and our officiant. 

Thirdly, I am going to make a new post asking for help so as not to clog up our role call.  Please please, if you have a few minutes, let me know where/who else you liked besides the vendors you booked.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic "June 2012" November Siggy: cake inspiration Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • bpphoto785bpphoto785 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    @audreyjem Great post!
    @ drjf  &  Suznh99 congrats! that's awesome!
    @ TeamMoriarty are you looking to get married in the Berkshires? If so, I am too. PM me if I can help you with anything!

1. Where are you getting married? Orchards Hotel, Williamstown

2. What vendors have you booked so far? venue, cake, florist, DJ, photographer

3. What's your favorite restaurant in Western MA? Cafe Reva or Mission

4. What is your wedding date? May 19, 2012

5. Share something about yourself. staying on the subject of dogs, FI & I recently rescued an Australian Shepard-Husky mix. He is awesome and I talk about him WAY too much!
    May '12 Nesties
    March Siggy Challenge: Furbaby
    MARRIED!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited December 2011
    BPPhoto!  Congratulations on your new dog!  I would love to see a picture if you wouldn't mind posting - I had an australian shepherd growing up, and she was awesome.  I don't see them out and about very often, but when I do I get super excited.  My fiance has always wanted a husky - so the mix of your rescue dog is pretty incredible in our books! 
  • edited December 2011
    The Log Cabin

Officiant (JM Sorrell), Photographer (Tim Brown), Make-up (Liz Washer), Invitations (Twisted Limb (online; it is all made out of repurposed, handmade paper with dried flowers or seeds in it)), doing flowers myself and using an iPod

I love Packards, Fitzwilly's, and Joe's Cafe, all in Northampton

October 16, 2011

Hmm.  I can wiggle my pinkie toes in circles.  And along the dog line, it's been almost a year since we had to put my dog down and I miss her every day.  

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    drjf
    Here he is! 

May '12 Nesties
    MARRIED!
  • edited December 2011
    He is so cute!!!!!!  Just adorable.  Congratulations!  Thanks so much for posting.  My fiance and I loved seeing what our perfect dog would look like! :)
  • edited December 2011
    Hi all!

This is my first post - I didn't even know there was a Western Mass board!  I am also from the Berkshires and having a tent wedding on Onota Lake in Pittsfield... in the yard at our family's cottage.  Rentals are with Classical Tents, Noble Feast is doing the catering, we are handling the bar ourselves, and for flowers/decorating - Maryanne Gillooly, who comes highly recommended.  Love her so far!  www.gillolydesign.com. Oh, and I almost forgot - the wedding is 7/2/211. 

About me - my FI and I both teach at the high school in town - this is also where we met.  Favorite restaurant - have to agree with @bpphoto785 - Cafe Reva, Mission .... or Haven in Lenox.

First Comment
    edited December 2011
    drjf THANKS! i have to say I might be bias, but he's really awesome! We couldn't ask for a better dog!

kstar0017 You're getting married on my birthday :-) FI & I live in Pittsfield and just LOVE Onota lake! I've also worked with the guys at Classical Tents before and they're just awesome! Your wedding sounds beautiful! 
    May '12 Nesties
    MARRIED!
  • edited December 2011
    Whoa!  People are posting here! 

The Red Barn - Hampshire College

cake - Greggory's
    DJ - Steven Henn
    flowers - DIY, buying in bulk from a local farm
    photographer - Michelle Girard
    Rehersal Dinner - Bistro 63

Bistro 63

July 30, 2011

I love running.
  • edited December 2011
    Glad people are posting!

@bpphoto- your dog is adorable! can't wait to get my fur baby at the end of this summer!

@xctennis- we interviewed Michelle Girard, she takes beautiful photos! We ended up going with someone else because we wanted a 2nd photographer and liked that our photog is familiar with our venues, but Michelle was a close runner up!
  • chadandmattchadandmatt member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    1. Where are you getting married? Bucksteep Manor

Photographer- Yaritza Colon
    DJ- Musical Dreams
    Florist- Anna Mack (local grower!)
    Pies- Sarah's Cheesecake

Elizabeth's in Pittsfield

4. What is your wedding date? August 6, 2011

5. Share something about yourself.  I grew up in the Berkshires, but live in Minneapolis now.  We decided to return back to Mass since gay marriage is legal!
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    @chadandmatt LOVE Elizabeth's! 
    May '12 Nesties
    MARRIED!
  • A&EToBeA&EToBe member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Salem Cross Inn

Most everything major (YIPPEE!)
    Photographer - Phill Davis (South Hadley)
    Videographer - Teebo Productions (West Springfield)
    Flowers - Durocher Florist (West Springfield)
    Cake - Cakes By Chris (West Brookfield)
    DJ - DJ Stephan The Party Zone (he just did our Jack and Jill and is AMAZING!)
    Officiant - Friend is getting a 1 day license (He's done it 4 times before)
    Rehearsal Dinner - FIL's backyard
    Makeup - Friend is a makeup artist (score!)
    Dress - Sottero and Midgely from Bridal Heirlooms (South Hadley... they're awesome there!)
    Bridesmaid's Dresses - b2 Jasmine (also from Bridal Heirlooms)

Pretty much the only thing we have left is limos (if we even do them) and favors (but we're doing pine saplings, so we have to wait until much closer to the date to actually get them.)

Honestly don't know if I have one... My fiance and I love "Noodles" in Northampton, and we eat a lot of Milanos in Chicopee (mostly because it's walking distance from our house! haha) We have fairly eclectic taste in foods though, so we like to switch it up a lot!  Oh, the Thai Place in South Hadley is surprisingly awesome too!

July 23, 2011 (98 days left! Eeek!)

Fun fact #1 - My fiance and I are both high school teachers in the same school... He's English and I'm Math (sub-fun fact- I teach math, even though I failed Algebra II in high school myself. It really helps me connect to my students when they're struggling though!)
    Fun fact #2 (sticking with the Dog theme!) On our 2nd date, I made the off hand comment that "I hate dogs".  He was shocked, and disappointed, and considered calling the date (and any potential relationship) off right there until I clarified that I didn't like little dogs because I had been attacked when I was young. After falling in love with him (and his beautiful Australian Shepherd) I'm definitely a dog person now... and exclaim "I love dogs" on a fairly regular basis. :) 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    256image Invited to come play!
    144image Will join us in the sandbox
    112image Took their toys and went home
    0image Are still asking their mommies
  • edited December 2011
    I'm getting married June 16th 2012. AT Ludlow Country Club.

So far I have booked just the venue and our DJ (After Hours)

Anyone have suggestions for photographers and videographers?
  • edited December 2011

@ AandEtobe... sent you a PM.

@jsharpe100- I'm using Karen Geaghan for my photog, she's based in Wilbraham and amazing! Not using a videographer, but Creative Video by Nelson, in Ludlow, looks great! My FI's from Ludlow, our ceremony is going to be there :)

• edited December 2011
    @ chadandmatt, that is why we are getting married in MA as well. :)  My fiancee is from Easthampton and I went to college in Northampton and then lived in Easthampton for several years but we didn't meet until a few years later, in NY.  We are returning because we love the area and it is actually legal there!  Also, love the pie idea!  I wanted that but she vetoed it.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    If anyone is looking for music/entertainment for their ceremony or reception, I have an option for you.  I just went to a wedding that had an a cappella group from WMass that was absolutely fabulous. They sang two songs during the ceremony and then a special song for the brideat the reception. It was really sweet.

There name is Strike a Chord. 

Best of luck with all your planning.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards