New Hampshire

Wedding program wording

Hello again,

I'm finally starting to work on my programs (just making mock ups as I still have time).  Just curious if you are putting the relationship of your wedding party member to you or FI on your program.  For example Suzzy Q...College Roomate or Childhood Friend of the Bride.

Also, are you listing any special creditals such as if the person has a Masters of Ph D. or is this not the appropriate venue so to speak?

I've also seen the idea of a thank you and in loving memory page for those who can not be with you on your special day and love it.  Can we put the names of those who have gone on or just leave it general?  (Ie grandparent or friend who has more recently passed away).

TIA!

Re: Wedding program wording

• mlhw NHmlhw NH member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011

I did not list peoples relationship to us.  I don't know the answer as far as titles go.  I did include a memorium section.  I put "Here in spirit and in our hearts" then listed those who have passed that would be important for us to have been there. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • EDK2010EDK2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What we did for listing the BP (we didn't list degrees and my MOH has her MSc) and our Thank Yous etc.:

Maid of Honor                                                    

Ashley L.......– Friend of Bride  

To Our Parents: Your love and caring goes beyond any we have ever seen. Who we have become, what we believe, and our ability to look toward a wonderful future together have all come from you. You have shown us extraordinary examples of how to live, love and preserve. Throughout our lives you have given us all you could, and then amazingly, more. We love you with all of our hearts. 

To Our Friends And Family: 

Many years from now when we look back on today, we will remember that what makes this day so special was sharing it with you– our family and friends. Having you here with us today has made our wedding truly wonderful. Life holds many momentous commitments, we thank your for sharing in one of our happiest. We would like to take a moment to remember those who have left an impression on our hearts and will never be forgotten: 

Grandfather of the Groom
    Andy  R

Great Grandparents of the Bride Byron and Constance  McGrace REffie K

In memory of our friends and family members who are no longer with us and cannot be here to share in our joy, a charitable donation has been made to Amy’s Treat. 

Amy's Treat was created in December 2007 and is dedicated to providing solutions to the day-to-day difficulties of living with cancer and to offer unexpected "treats" to renew the spirit. Whether supplying box seats to a Red Sox game, offering a quiet getaway to a lovely inn or presenting a gas card to help take the sting out of getting to treatment, Amy's Treat has touched the lives of hundreds of individuals living with cancer.

TTC #1 Since July 2011
    BFP #1 2/28/12- 3/3/12 CP at 4w3d
    BFP #2 4/1/12- 5/7/12 Missed M/C at 8w4d (measuring 6w3d)
    TTC on hold until December
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards