Missouri-St Louis

Cleaning/Tailoring for my Dress!

I am relatively new to St Louis and never use professional cleaning/tailoring services so I need some help!

I am going to be wearing my mother's wedding dress, which needs some tailoring to fit me properly, and has been in a cedar chest for 30 years so is in DIRE need of dry cleaning and pressing. Can anyone recommend trustworthy cleaners and tailors where I could get this done? I don't want to pick some place at random and have my mother's dress (which was also my grandmother's) totally ruined!

Please help! Thanks :)

Re: Cleaning/Tailoring for my Dress!

• edited December 2011
    I use R&M Designs off Manchester by Kirkwood. Connie and Marylyn are fantastic with many years of experience. My sister in law used them to tailor her wedding dress which came in at least 3 sizes too big and you would have never known it with as good of a job as they did. I don't think they do cleaning but I am sure they could recommend a great place. They specialilze in alterations, textile design, and dress custome clothing design. Their phone number is 314-821-2932 and their email is RMDesign@SBCglobal.net
  • zippyelfzippyelf member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    There is a seamstress named Paulina in North County, she has a shop off of Lindbergh. She altered my wedding dress and my mother's dress. She did an incredible job! I was very, very pleased with her. Plus, she is very reasonably priced.

314-298-0596
  • callista21callista21 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Brentwood Alterations and Tailoring did a GREAT job altering my dress, were reasonably priced, professional and fairly fast.  They have a lot of wedding gown experience, there were at least 4 other dresses there while mine was being altered.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards