Nevada-Las Vegas

Reviews: wedding 12/12/09

Hi Ladies!
I just want to say how much this message board helped me plan our wedding! I checked it almost everyday and it answered so many of my questions. Thank you all so much!

We got married on 12/12/09 at Paris. The whole weekend went so well. We had 60 guests mostly from the east coast.

1. A1 Limo - B+
We booked with this limo company to transport us and some of our family from the airport to the hotel. Overall the transfers went great. The booking process was a pain because I had to fax about 30 pages of credit card authorizations to them. Prices were reasonable and they gave me a 10% group booking discount.

2. Paris Hotel - A-
All of our guests stayed at Paris. We booked a standard room for 4 nights and we got a suite for 2 nights as part of our wedding package. We were lucky to get a suite right next door to our room so we didn't have to move far. I would have liked the hotel to be accomodating about putting all of our guests in the same wing so that we would all use the same elevators. The location of the hotel was perfect. We spent a good bit of time gambling at Ballys which is connected to Paris. The room rates were good when we first booked but they doubled in price about 3 weeks prior to the wedding. They would only give our guests  a 10% discount off the rooms. The restaurants were good and the Piano Bar was a lot of fun. Would definitley stay here again!

3. Cheeseburger Las Vegas - A-
We booked Cheeseburger for a welcome dinner on Friday night. I dealt with Kathy who was a pleasure to work with. We had a special personalized menu with 5 items that we got to pick. We also paid extra for some appetizers and had an app buffet before the food was ready. Cheeseburger is in the Miracle Mile Shops at Planet Hollywood which is in walking distance from Paris. The food was great and it came out about 10 people at a time but we were done well within 2 hours.  The dinner ended up costing about $30 per person including the room charge, taxes, and gratuity. The only reason they get an A- is that I was told they would wave the room charge and then they ended up charging me $200 for it. It wasn't a huge deal but it is worth a warning. It was exactly what we wanted for a welcome dinner and all of guests raved about the food!

4. Paris wedding chapels - A
Our wedding coordinator was Ali. We got married at 4pm. We picked the Chapel du Paradis which is the bigger chapel at Paris. The wedding went perfectly. We booked the Merlot package which was just enough for us. The chapel accomodated everyone nicely and the minister did a great job. My bouquet turned out so pretty. They broadcast our wedding online.

5. Photographer provided by Paris chapels - A
We booked a 1 hour property photo tour of Paris. I think it cost $150 and was worth every penny! We got some amazing pictures! Our photographer was really nice and we absolutely love all of our pictures! We got to view our pictures the day after our wedding. We decided to buy all of the pictures and the copyrights to them. This was alot of money but we decided it was worth it so that we could do what we want with the pictures. 

6. Pampas Brazilian Steakhouse - B-
We booked this restaurant for our reception dinner. This steakhouse is in the Miracle Mile Shops at Planet Hollywood. We had a private room. We booked the meat rodizio and salad bar for all of our guests. The rodizio is like a parade of meats that they bring right to your table and cut  you off a piece. They serve sirloin, filet, flank steak, ham, lamb, chicken, etc. It is quite a feast! They did our cake on site also. It was exactly what we asked for except is was about 4x too big for our 60 people. I felt horrible wasting so much cake.
They aren't getting an A because: the person I dealt with was not there for our reception, they charged our guests individually for their alcoholic drinks even though they were supposed to be included on our bill, the cake cutting was not well orchestrated and my mom had to actually go find someone to do it, it took 30 minutes for them to get our bill ready.
Our guests had an amazing time here and everyone is still talking about how great the food and cake were. I think most of the problems would have been fixed if my contact person would have been there. It ended up being about $65/person with food, cake, taxes, tips.

7. Kahunaville - A
We booked Kahunaville at Treasure Island for an After Party. We had about 40 people. They reserved tables for us by the bar and gave us 2 cocktail waitresses. We had a tab set up in advance and we had the waitresses tell us when it met our limit. Unfortunately our limit only lasted about 2 hours so we would have been better off to do an open bar package. We had a great time here. The drinks were big and strong. The music was great and the flair bartending was so much fun to watch. It is the most fun we have had at a bar in Vegas!

8. Fit for a Bride - A+
I booked Debi at Fit for a Bride to steam my dress. I packaged up and shipped my dress to her a couple weeks before the wedding. She delivered it to me the day before our wedding and it was perfect! I dropped my dress off at the concierge the day after the wedding and they came and picked it up and shipped it back to me. I didn't have it cleaned or preserved because I can do that for less at home. Debi was a pleasure to work with and this took alot of stress off of me!

9. GlamSquad - A+
I booked the glamsquad for my hair and airbrush makeup. I also had them do fake eyelashes. They were so great. They made me feel so pretty but I still looked and felt like myself. The girls that I had were so nice and friendly. I recommend Glamsquad to every Vegas bride. They were everything that I hoped and lived up to their great reviews!

10. Mike Litchtenwalner Photography - A
I booked Mike and Courtney to do pictures at our reception and after party. We haven't got the pics yet but they were so much fun to work with! Their prices were so reasonable and I'm sure they got some great shots. They managed to get a pic of everyone who attended our wedding which is the one thing I really wanted! I can't wait to see their pictures because I know they will be great!

I know these are long-winded but I always got alot of ideas from reviews so I hope these help someone! Good luck planning and have fun with it! Vegas is a magical place for a wedding and we wouldn't have changed a thing! 

Re: Reviews: wedding 12/12/09

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards