Wedding Invitations & Paper

Invitation wording

My fiance's parents are divorced and both have remarried since (and everyone is civil towards eachother by this point). I started thinking about our wedding invitations and how to include my parents, his dad & stepmom, and his mom & stepdad without being too wordy. Anyone have any suggestions? All three sets of parents are contributing in some way, so it's important to include everyone.

Re: Invitation wording

• I agree. "Together with their families" will look much better than trying to crowd all those names on there, and it covers all bases. 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • edited November 2012
    That's kind of what I was thinking too, just wasn't sure. Thanks!
  • Or this:

Mr. and Mrs. Bridesparents
    request the pleasure of your company
    at the marriage of
    Bride's Full Name
    and
    Groom's Full Name
    son of
    Mr. and Mrs. GroomsStepdad
    Mr. and Mrs. Groom's Dad
    Date
    time
    Venue
    Address
    City, State
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_invites-paper_invitation-wording-119?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:cd062f89-8272-496a-b0ab-225e1f87acecDiscussion:6ee942e4-fd9a-4b02-a5ac-8c7651801560Post:7cf07232-1f64-4f15-b606-2630c2b6e26a">Re: Invitation wording</a>:
    [QUOTE]Or this: Mr. and Mrs. Bridesparents request the pleasure of your company at the marriage of Bride's Full Name and Groom's Full Name son of Mr. and Mrs. GroomsStepdad Mr. and Mrs. Groom's Dad Date time Venue Address City, State
    Posted by Kristin789[/QUOTE]

Kristin, your wording does not indicate anything other than the groom's parents are divorced and remarried.   Please do not give incorrect advice.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards