October 2012 Weddings
Options

What do you think of this?

I saw on My Fair Wedding that he used a clutch with just a few flowers on it as a bouquet for the BM. I kinda love it. Plus, I was thinking of getting my BM clutches anyway, so it could pull double duty. Mine would be a black clutch with red roses. Opinions?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: What do you think of this?

• Options
    I think it would be cute. 
    Anniversary imagemy read shelf:
    Cathy (CathyL7910)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    I like the calalllies with the peacock feathers tied together not crazy about the clutch remember your girls will need to hold this for the entire ceremony.
  • Options
    fjw2012fjw2012 member
    First Comment
    edited July 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_october-2012-weddings_what-do-you-think-of-this?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:56b9bcef-1e34-456e-81f5-cfaa107456b2Discussion:848afeec-0e99-4f23-bacc-6fdc31eef5e8Post:4eed9f3a-ef74-4f14-9706-510a2c8e2a9a">Re: What do you think of this?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I like the calalllies with the peacock feathers tied together not crazy about the clutch remember your girls will need to hold this for the entire ceremony.
    Posted by shoebie420[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Why do you think it will be more uncomfortable than holding a bouquet? Sorry if that comes off snarky, not my intention at all, just trying to understand. Our ceremony is only 15 min so it wouldn't be too long. </div><div>
    </div>
  • Options
    I agree with Shoebie that it looks like it would be awkward to hold.  A bouquet is easy to grasp, wrap your fingers around, but a clutch is kinda weird to grasp.  I don't like to use a clutch because of that.

Are the flowers secured to the clutch, because if not it would be hard to keep everything in place.
  • Options
    Would it fit in with the theme of your wedding?  If it's an evening ceremony near a downtown area, I think it would be very cute.  I say this, because I'm getting a mental idea of how your pictures would look.  To me, these "clutch bouquets" remind me of going out for a night on the town after your ceremony.  If you're wedding is outdoors or in the afternoon, I don't see them fitting in nearly as well.  Hope that makes sense!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker siggy 6
  • Options
    I think you should do whatever makes you happy! If you like it than do it! Why not?! It's your wedding. :)
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I've never held a bouquet so I don't know if I see the argument in PPs that it's easier to hold a clutch. Would you feel comfortable asking your bridesmaids how they feel about it?
    Anniversary
  • Options
    The flowers would be attached to the clutch, yes. My wedding is outdoors, in a gazebo, overlooking a lake, so it doesn't really fit the downtown going out theme as previoulsy mentioned.I do agree that it might make more sense for a downtown, going out kind of feel. However, our theme is masquerade, and I would assume one would carry some kind of a clutch when going to a masquerade ball, so it might work in that aspect. I could ask my BM, but I know they would say "whatever you want" because they're pretty awesome like that. Thank you for the opinions ladies. I love that I have all of you to run this kinda stuff by. 
  • Options
    While it's very cute, I think it would kind of awkward to hold it through the entire cermony.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    I don't think it would be awkward to hold. Maybe get a clutch similar to the one you are thinking about and mock one up and try holding to see how it feels compared to a bouquet. The girl in the picture looks cute. Maybe see if you can find some bridal party pictures with clutches to see what the pictures would look like.
    for siggy
  • Options
    I hate being a Debby Downer, but I agree it might be a little more awkward to hold that just a small bouquet of flowers. I honestly just dont care for the look either. Sorry...
    weddingpic
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_october-2012-weddings_what-do-you-think-of-this?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:56b9bcef-1e34-456e-81f5-cfaa107456b2Discussion:848afeec-0e99-4f23-bacc-6fdc31eef5e8Post:370faadf-9e40-4f2d-ba25-41c60b7afcea">Re:What do you think of this?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I hate being a Debby Downer, but I <strong>agree it might be a little more awkward to hold that just a small bouquet of flowers. I honestly just dont care for the look either. Sorry...</strong>
    Posted by fishinflagrl[/QUOTE]
    This. 
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Well, I guess that settles that lol. FI wasn't too keen on it either so regular bouquets it is. Thanks for all the input ladies :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards