Nevada-Las Vegas

Where Are Your Guests Staying?

In the same hotel as you and FI?

Did you do a room block?

Do guests pretty much just stay wherever they feel like staying?

Thanks, LVKs. Wink

Re: Where Are Your Guests Staying?

• We are getting married at Treasure Island and we did get a block of rooms for guests to book at a discounted price but made sure that we told them that they could stay anywhere they wanted (some people have comps at other places to use) but I thought that they might want to stay where we are so that it would be a great non-stop but it was their choice.
    http://angieandchris.weebly.com/ Wedding Countdown Ticker image119 Dealt!
    image 40 Are All In!
    image 51 Had to fold!
    image 28 Are Holding Out For their Turn!
  • I did a Room Block-- most people are staying there and a few booked on their own at other places. My FI and I, as well as immediate family are staying where the block is.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I set up a room block at Paris (b/c FI and I had a great comp offer there). The majority of our guests are staying there, but many did not book using the block. Most of the people not staying at Paris are staying at the resorts immediately surrounding (Ballys, Bellagio, etc..)
  • edited March 2012
    My guests are staying wherever they like. Harrahs offers 10% off all of their hotels for your guests if you are getting married at one of their chapels. Most of my guests have not used this option because they have special preferences, and a air/hotel package through expedia or some other travel site works out cheaper.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • 90 percent of our guests are staying at the Palms.  A friend hooked us up with a great rate on a room block, and we could not refuse.  A few of our guests are staying in time shares.
    76 invited image 35 ready to partyimage 41 staying homeimageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Almost all of our guests stayed at the same hotel as us, but we stayed / got married off-strip.  We did get a room block.

Married 5.6.11

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

• We are getting married at the platinum, so our families will stay there. But FI and I actually got a huge discount on the panorama suite at PH, so we figured why not! We also have a friend who owns a company that gets half of all harrahs properties which he hooked up most of our guests with....either Caesars, Paris or PH. So we have guests staying all over basically!!!
  • We're staying at the Signature at MGM Grand, and about half our guests are staying at Signature or MGM Grand.  The other half are staying at Treasure Island because they got a good group rate.
  • starryeyed77starryeyed77 member
    First Comment
    edited March 2012
    Our guests are scattered around. We told them the closest hotels to MB but let them choose.
  • As of right now, just my immediate family is staying at the same resort as us (Venetian/Palazzo).  Since it is pricey and our wedding is during the holiday season, we put together a whole list of strip hotels, prices, etc. for our website to encourage guests to look around so they don't think they can't come because of the cost.
  • We stayed at the Encore which was out of a lot of our guests budgets. We had some of our immediate family stay in the same hotel as us - they got an amazing deal. The others stayed at Tropicana, Excalibur, MGM and Aria.
    www.mywedding.com/benandpetra
  • We are all at TI
  • Made blocks for Palms, MB and Luxor... and as far as I know... all three are being used...

In addition to a few other strip hotels (guests made plans on their own) as well as a few families using timeshares!~
  • All of our family and a good number of guests are staying at Paris (where the wedding is), but we are staying in a suite at the Vdara because it was actually cheaper than a basic room at Paris, and they pissed me off by not giving us a good discount.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards