California-Northern
Options

Bay Area Photographer Refs!

Hey Ladies-
I am on my search for the perfect photag and it is driving me crazy! I cannot decide for the life of me. Please let me know of any you have liked/met with---particularly those who are a pretty good deal (do not have an endless budget here)
Thanks! Smile

Re: Bay Area Photographer Refs!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    My photographer was a little on the expensive end (you are welcome to check her out at shannonstellmacher.com)  but a friend used Lori Makabe out of Rio vista and she did a great job.  She was much less expensive and the pictures were beautiful.  I almost wish I would have gone with her!  I believe her website is LoriMakabe.com.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Good luck! There are so many good photographers out there, I became obsessed. lol. We just found ours and it was hard. I actually hired one then realized that I didn't do enough research and ended up changing. Make sure you know what style you want before deciding. But anyways the photographers we ended up going with were JL Photografia www.jlphotografia.com, they are out of Monterey but will travel. They are kind of on the pricey side. Here is a list of other photographers that we met with and really liked.

Wink Photography www.winkphotography.net
    Encarnacion Photography www.encarnacionphotography.com
    Lilia Photography www.liliaphoto.com

• Options
    MsBlondie5MsBlondie5 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hello There.
    Our Photogrpaher is amazing! I have actually referred 3 other people to her so far, who have all booked her! Her name is Jennifer Hosler, she owns Candid Moments Photogrpahy. www.candidmomentsweddings.com. She is definitely within budget. I actually always tell her she needs to charge more!

Take a look, she is such a sweet lady :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i loved mine, alfredsalom.com

they are great!
    Multiple IVFs=TWINS! Due FEB 5, 2012!! Born @33W4D Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Check out Mike & Natasha at Chocostudio.com
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    check out A Perfect Impression Photography.  They are based in San Leandro.
  • Options
    maria1012maria1012 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Love my photographers! They specialize in destination wedding photography, but do local Bay Area weddings as well. Prices start at $4K, but I believe they are well, well worth it. 

• Options
    edited December 2011
    For under $2k, we got a flush mount album, 8 hours of photography and it even included engagement shots, plus CDs of 1000 pics!  We were very happy with ours, he is out of San Jose.  www.richardphotography.com Some pics below!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I loved my photographer! He and his daughter were there for the entire day and rehearsal dinner. We got a better deal because we knew him already, but his rates are good. We got all the photos (like 2000) touched up in under a week. He was the only photographer we met with willing to show us an entire album, which is really important to see because you can touch up any picture yourself with a little practice.
    His name is Jim Pace, www.jimpacephotography.com

You can also see our complete album from him at http://tylerandsteph.shutterfly.com/

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Our photog tammy nguyen has been great so far! Our package is under 1,000 including travel!
    http://www.weddingsbytammynize.com/
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    mzminzemzminze member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    thanks ladies! i have checked a lot of your suggestions out and they are great. I think I found "the one" this weekend though. Are any of you focusing on spending more money on a quality photographer and then putting together your own albums through shutterfly (or any other picture site suggestions?) with the the disk of images?
  • Options
    steph_edw7588steph_edw7588 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am using Tammy Nguyen also. She has already done our engagement shoot, and we absolutely love her! I was more focused on having enough hours of her being there, and getting all the full resolution images on a disk. I am planning on making my own album. But I would highly recommend Tammy... Her prices are incredible too! http://www.weddingsbytammynize.com/

Planning Bio
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Be sure to check out Mike Danen, his work is really beautiful, and he's a great guy.

http://www.mikedanen.com/

Good luck!

Mardi
  • Options
    opy2705opy2705 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi!

I am a wedding photographer. I have been shooting wedding out in AZ for about 5 years and I am moving back home to the bay area on July 1st. I'll be out in march from the 22nd til the 29th if you are interested inmeeting. In order to get my clientel base started out there I am offering 50% off my wedding packages for the first year. Please keep me in mind, I am at http://opalmomentsphotography.com/

Thanks!
    Opal

Prices,
    Bronze $1100One Photographer (Opal)
    6 hours of coverage
    All images on CD with a copyright release
    All images retouched when neededCreative photo shopping (black and whites, black and whites with a little color ect.)
    Password protected online gallery   

Silver $1500
    Two Photographers
    7 hours of coverage
    8x10  Wedding Photo Book
    All wedding and engagement images on CD with a copyright release Cd and Copyright releases for parents of the Bride and Groom.  (2 additional cd's)
    All images retouched when neededCreative photo shopping (black and whites, black and whites with a little color ect.)
    Password protected online gallery   

Gold $1800
    Two Photographers
    8 hours of coverage
    Engagement session5x7 photo book of engagement photosAll wedding and engagement images on CD with a copyright release Cd and Copyright releases for parents of the Bride and Groom.  (2 additional cd's)Two 5x7 books for parents with 30 pages12x12 photo book with 30 pagesAll images retouched when neededCreative photo shopping (black and whites, black and whites with a little color ect.) Password protected online galler
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    for amazing photojournalistic, award winning photographers, check out
    http://benchrismanphotographers.com/
    Ben Chrisman & Erin Reed are amazing (benchrisman.com), but probably out of your price range. but the link I sent are his associates and they are all amazing.

Aaron Morris is my fiance, and is (what sounds like) in your price range. he is a GREAT deal, especially for the quality of the photos. check them out!

good luck! :]
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards