Michigan-Detroit

Reception Suggestions

I frequent this site all of the time but this is the first time I'm posting.  Yesterday my worse nightmare came true.  With less then 3 months until the wedding I found out our reception site is closing and leaving us abandoned.  Our wedding was planned for May 19th prime wedding/prom season so finding another venue seems impossible to me.  If anyone has any suggestions I would appreciate them.  We would like to stay in the Livonia/Westland area since that is where everything else is booked.  Even if you don't have suggestions please send some prayers my way. 

Re: Reception Suggestions

• Wow that's horrible. Which reception venue canceled in you?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm sorry, that sucks!
  • If you frequent the site all the time, come and post with us more! I am so sorry this has happened to you, I am also curious which venue did this to you. It would help us to know how many guests you are having. Just some suggestions in the area not knowing your budget

The Summit on the Park in Canton, which is my venue and I love it. I remember my coordinator saying that there were very few Saturdays left for 2012 though. Laurel Manor in Livonia, Suburban Showplace in Novi has an absolute ton of banquet rooms and their package prices looked really reasonable.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I'm so sorry to hear that! It's a little way's away from Livonia/Westland (30 mins?) but when I was looking at venues I really liked Bakers of Milford. It's directly across the street from Kensington Park (great photo ops!) and not too far off the expressway. They had VERY reasonable prices and it was gorgeous inside. The only reason I didn't end up going with them was because it was nearly an hour from my church in Fenton.
  • You could try the Livonia Elks Lodge. It's not super fancy or anything, but it will get the job done. They're very reasonably priced too. 
    Follow Me on Pinterest Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Oh my!!  So sorry to hear that!

How many people are you expecting to have?

I would try local restaurants/hotels in the area.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Maybe try some of the hotels. They usually have nice banquet rooms.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
    200image 167image 32image 1image RSVP Date: May 1st
  • SO sorry to hear this. That really sucks!

I agree on the hotels, plus, depending on the number of people, look into Greenmead in Livonia. They have a banquet facility that holds up to 100 but you have to bring in your own catering and liquor. I can help you on all this if it works for you. Just send me a private message below.

Also go to the Knot vendor info for the Detroit area. They are not all in the Livonia area, but there will be a much larger list than anything we could put together for you.

You are in my thoughts. Good luck.

• I am so sorry, that is horrible.  I unfortunately do not have any suggestions.  You will be in my thoughts and prayers though.  If I hear of anything  I will add it.  Check the Knot and local wedding magazines.  The newspaper usually does a wedding pamphlet thing.  I would check out local newspapers online just to see if they have anything.  
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I had my reception at the Marriot Livonia. Love it. so easy to work with.
  • After you've found a new venue the search for a good litagator should begin.  Post when you're ready for that step...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards