Massachusetts-Boston

Venue Help!!!

So after planning a wedding at the Red Lion Inn (my dream place), my parents just told me that they can't give us any money.  So now I am at the beginning again, we have a very small budget now, 140ish ppl, I want a rustic/country setting to have ceremony and reception at.  Around half the guest are out of towners so need a hotel on property or near by.  Any suggestions?

Re: Venue Help!!!

• noodle_oonoodle_oo member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What is your budget?
  • edited December 2011

Not 100% sure yet, but probably less than 7-8K.

• noodle_oonoodle_oo member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The only place I know of is the Habitat in Belmont.  It is a beautiful venue with gorgeous gardens for an outdoor ceremony.  My friend got married there for a budget similar to yours and it was graet.  Not sure if it is rustic/country though and I believe they only fit 100 people. 

Good luck!

http://www.massaudubon.org/Nature_Connection/Sanctuaries/Habitat/facilityrental.php
  • megandjaymegandjay member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would advise you to cut down your guest list if possible as well.
  • edited December 2011
    That is our cut down list, I have a large family and a good amount of friends.
  • marshallramarshallra member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
      There is a charming place in Hanson  I believe it is Camp Kiawana.  It is literally a camp with cabins etc on a lake in a pine forest. BUT it was built on the grounds of an estate- which has a building that you can rent. Inside the building is gorgeous.  It overlooks the lake and has a porch which can be used as well.  It holds aprox 200.

The rental is very inexpensive- you supply the food.  The rental even comes with a bartender and you can supply the drinks- which will save you a fortune.

It is owned by the Town of Hanson and rents very quickly for prime months.

You can also rent out the Cabins for overnight guests if you want.

• dparisidparisi member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Try Thomson Island.  They have a great area with a rustic feel. They have rooms you can rent right on the island.
    Call Jim or Denise and they can help you.
    www.thompsonisland.com
  • megandjaymegandjay member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Try to look for places where you can bring your own caterer and alcohol. Although it will be more work for you, it will save you money.
  • cdlnmfcdlnmf member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We did a Sunday at The Colonial in Gardner and in the end with some creative planning ended up in your budget range. There is an outdoor tent along some woods/trees in the back of the hotel. We wanted that rustic look too but it was not in the budget, so we actually went down the road to an old barn and did photos. If you want to see or have any q's let me know. Good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    Codman Estates in Lincoln is beautiful and it's cheap to rent because it's a historical location and you can bring ur own caterer/alcohol but we have around 200 people so it was too small

http://www.historicnewengland.org/historic-properties/function-rentals/codman-estate-gardens-and-carriage-house/weddings-and-special-events

we're having ours at Glen Magna and it's also cheaper because it's historical and you can bring ur own caterer/alcohol

http://www.glenmagnafarms.org/weddings.html

Saving on alcohol prices by bringing your own in from a liquor store what you don't use u get refunded saved us about $4,000. It's about $6,000 at most places $30pp x 200 brining our own we expect to spend about $2,000 or less. I think the liquor store quoted us at about $11pp for all the alcohol we will need

Lisa & Chris September 3, 2011
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards