April 2013 Weddings
Options

Just an FYI..

I've been going to a few bridal shows and of course filling out the information sheets that could win you a prize.. Lately I have been getting alot of phone calls from different numbers (and different states) that I have won a prize and need to attend an hour long meeting to get my prize. When I looked up the company names, I saw alot of complaints that they were a scam. I didnt attend any meetings, so I am not worried about that but they wont stop calling! I just wanted to give you a heads up because one of the bridal shows sold my information, and its really becoming a hassle.

Re: Just an FYI..

• Options
    Oh no.. Thanks for the warning!  You should be able to tell them to stop calling and once you "opt out" it is illegal for them to contnue to call you.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I have been getting the same thing and I went to a bridal expo.  :(
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    110 Invited! image | 65 Have their dancing shoes ready! image | 35 Don't wanna dance. image | 10 Must still be looking for their dancing shoes! image
    RSVP Deadline: February 28th
  • Options
    I figured out a way to stop those annoying calls. I set up a google voice account and have been giving that number out at bridal shows and it goes straight to my email so my real number isn't getting overloaded. 

Follow Me on Pinterest

• Options
    After my first show and the complete wrecking of my voicemail with messages, I've stopped giving out my phone #.  Some people get a little huffy about it but I'm sorry, I'm a teacher and I don't spend a lot of time on my phone anyways.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards