Maine
Options

wedding venue panic

Hi all!  I'm new here and just spent the last hour reading many many posts.  You all seem to provide such great feedback!!  I'm hoping you can help me, too!
My fiance and I (that still sounds so funny!) are about to sign contracts to have our ceremony and reception at the Harraseeket Inn in Freeport.  I just read someone's post which didn't sound all that favorable.  I've never been to a wedding there myself, but the place is so well known for its fabulous food and great service.  Is there something I'm missing?  Anyone have any personal experiences there?  Please help!  I don't have a backup plan at this point.  We get married in 10 months and most places are already booked.  Ideas?  Suggestions?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: wedding venue panic

• Options
    kay0003kay0003 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Don't panic. I've actually heard great things from family members who have gone to weddings there (my mother-in-law practically begged us to have our reception there).  I've heard positive reviews about the food specifically.
    Also, our photographer shot a wedding there last year and said that it was beautiful.

If you've been there already and liked it then I say trust your gut :-)

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you so much!!  As long as you've mentioned a photographer, do you have someone you'd recommend?  I'd love to go with someone who has shot there before and knows the layout, best places for pictures, etc.
    Thanks again for the reply!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    schadbourneschadbourne member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think the ony reason i crossed it off the list is I assumed it was out of my budget. I have had lunch there before and although it was great food it was def a special day out aka a lot of money. If you have budget for it I am sure it would be a beatiful venue
  • Options
    Realo13Realo13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The Harraseekett is in the top 3 as well as the Eastland and the Landing at Pine Point. I don't think anywhere in the area can top their food. I also like the aspect of any food you want and as much of it as you want for no additional cost. There are also a few perks that are included in their package that you would need to pay for else where. The event coordinator, Melissa, also seams phenominal! I have never been to a wedding there but a family friend has and said what an awesome job they do and how it was the best wedding she has ever been to!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yes, I love the open menu and Melissa IS GREAT!!!  She totally put me at ease about everything (until I read an unfavorable reply about it).  Okay, I'm totally doing it and not going to stress about it anymore ... there are plenty of other things to stress about!! hahahahah

Thank you guys for your replies!!  I hope to someday be as helpful!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    goodhaamgoodhaam member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm actually from Freeport and everyone there knows the Harraseekett. They have amazing food and the room itself is very pretty as well as the grounds. But only you will know. Trust your instinct, when I walked into our venue I just knew it was the one! Good Luck! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards