Kentucky-Louisville

Downtown Louisville Rehearsal Dinner Ideas

Hi! I'm looking for ideas for a rehearsal dinner venue in or near downtown Louisville (can also include Highlands area). I'll have about 100 guests and I'm looking for a place that's affordable with decent food. Nothing too fancy~Thanks!

Re: Downtown Louisville Rehearsal Dinner Ideas

• edited December 2011

Not sure if they're still open (they were open last year then closed but I think I saw that they were again - confusing, I know!)    Carly Rae's by UofL.  GREAT place!  Decent prices!
  • squirrlysquirrly member
    Name Dropper First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Bristol!  They have a location in both places and can be as fancy as you want. 

DIY & Planning | Married 

Married: 2010
    Mom to J: 2011
    Mom to H: 2014

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Dresses may be easier to take in than let out, but guest lists are not. -- kate51485
  • nannewmurnannewmur member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you are looking for something that is reasonable, Crescent Hill Women's Club is right off Lexington Road.  I attended a reheasal dinner  there that had about 90-100 people and it was perfect.  Couple wanted a laid back rehearsal dinner due to formality of the next night's wedding.  Juicy's Barbeque catered and they were great, delicious and reasonable.  I thought I would suggest this in case if you need a "non-restaurant" type option.
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks! I'll look into those!
  • edited December 2011
    I always loved the outdoor patio area at O'Sheas on Bardstown Road.  When I asked about using it for a wedding reception, they said it would accomodate my 100 guests but it would not be a sit down dinner, it would be a mingling type meal.  I ended up having my reception at their downtown location, Patrick O'Sheas on Main Street.  It is a gorgeous venue and they have a whole second floor that you can rent.  Their food is also very reasonably priced.  I have really bad reviews of my reception, they messed it up, but it was still a beautiful space and good food and I would hope that they would learn from their mistakes.  Just make sure that ALL managers know about your reservation for the room, so that they don't double book it.
  • edited December 2011
    We ended up going with the Bristol Downtown! Thanks for all the suggestions ladies! The Bristol in the Highlands has special meaning for us because FH took me to dinner at that Bristol the night that he proposed but that location couldn't accommodate our large rehearsal dinner party. But the Bristol Downtown can accommodate up to 120 people and it was beautiful! I would highly recommend it!
  • FKSFKS
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

You might want to look into the Old Spaghetti Factory too.  I personally think it's beautiful in there. They have separate rooms just for events and the group/event pricing isn't too expensive.

imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • besaw.2besaw.2 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    So....I went to O'Shea's this weekend to check it out and see if I would want my rehearsal dinner there. Here is my conclusion. First, the one on Main St-- we didn't even go in. The buildings around it were boarded up, there were weeds growing everywhere, nowhere to park and construction all over the front area. It looked very run-down. No thanks. So then we went to Flannagan's (a member of the O'Shea's family) and the location was much better. The food was alright but the issue was that the roof was leaking and crumbling, there were flies GALORE and a spider crawling on the floor near us. There was also dust everywhere. No thanks on that either. We will not be using any of the O'Shea's locations for our rehearsal dinner. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards