Pennsylvania-Philadelphia

2 More Days...

until I go Dress Shopping!!! Eeek! Okay I'm calming down now....

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: 2 More Days...

• Very exciting! Where are you going?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Bridals by Danielle it's on 12th street in CC
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I started there too!  As a warning (because I didn't look before I went), they are verrrry pricy.  I think the least expensive dress that I tried on was over $3000, and most were between $5000-9000.  I kept reminding my mom that I was just trying them on for style so that she'd relax!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thanks for the heads up! I also read of another salon in CC where al lthe gowns are $1000 or less and they are all new. I am going to check them out one day too.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • lauren123455lauren123455 member
    First Comment
    edited January 2012
    Sample Rack on Pine?  I went there too....would be great if you have a lot of imagination, as most of the dresses needed lots of alterations.  I'm not creative, though, so it wasn't for me.

I also checked out Nicole Miller in the Bellvue and liked some of their stuff.  There's also a place in the Piazza that's supposed to be good.

If you can/want to venture to Jersey, I got mine at Irmas and LOVED my experience there.  I ended up buying the first dress Irma picked out for me - she read my mind.  And her prices are very reasonable.  Also tax free in Jersey, which helps.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Stay away from Alfred Angelo in Cherry Hill. They are the worst! I had some good experiences in Delaware if you were going to venture that way.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Planning Bio
    Philly Siggy Challenge: The Ring!
  • @ lauren:

Yes the Sample Rack..Is it that bad? lol

I just may venture into Jersey, hey why not?! Thanks for that!

@jelybeancg- Thanks I will stay away LOL
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I agree with jelybeancg. Stay away from Alfred Angelo..I had a horrible experience.
    image 211 Invited image 153 Ready to Party image 58 Are Missing Out Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I also had a good experience at Irma's. I ended get my dress on ebay, but had I not found it discounted on ebay I would have purchased from Irma's.

I also had a great experience at Coronet's Bridal in Feasterville. They don't work on commission so the sales people are not pushy at all and you can take as many pictures as you want! That was my only qualm with Irma's - you can't take pictures.

Have fun! I loved trying on dresses, I went a bunch of times just for fun before I bought my dress. :)
  • Yay! If you're willing to travel to the Main Line, The Wedding Shoppe in Wayne is very cute. It's small but what they do have is 1) great selection of styles, and 2) very attentive one-on-one service.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Cackle - is that your dress in your siggy...I looks Gorgeous on you!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thank you Ladies for all the suggestions...I thought I was excited before but you guys have gotten me more excited! :-)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards