Attire & Accessories Forum

Kate's dress

Is any one else having second thoughts about their own wedding dress because of what Kate Middleton wore on her wedding day? Just curious, this seems to be the trend...

Re: Kate's dress

• NO! It is my day and I don't want to copy anybody!
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyName Ticker
  • Nope. Hers was pretty, but I still love mine :)
  • I feel the same, I love my dress and I want to feel unique. I don't want my family and friends to think, "She looks like Kate Middleton". I read stuff and hear people talk like they should have chosen something more like hers, I don't get it. Why would you want to copy someone else on your wedding day?
  • I absoluletly love my dress.  And while I thought Kate's dress was amazing, I could never pull it off.

Like PPs said, I don't want to walk down the aisle to whispers of "oh wow. her dress looks just like Kate's!"
    Anniversary
  • edited May 2011
    Her dress looked right on her, but mine looked right for me. No reason to regret my choices: I'm a different person under different constraints with different tastes.  Why change just because someone famous  chose to wear something different?

In 1819 Queen Victoria set the trend for the first white bridal gown. Most of the world was illiterate, uniformed and uneducated, most brides today have more education than she did.  Yet, so many of us(not all) follow this antiquated view of wearing white as a "tradition" and seem to want to copy people covered in the media. It's a different time.  And its no wonder some ladies will come out of the wood work and say "hey that's the same dress I wore x amount of years ago with a slightly different twist."  You can only reinvent the wheel so many times before the same dress for the same purpose with the same constraints will become repetitive.

I've seen prettier gowns on these forums than Kate's dress. I've also seen way nicer invites and flowers from the ladies on the DIY boards.  It's the 21st century and time to think for ourselves.
  • absolutely not. and i got married the day after her! that would have been horrible. personally, her dress didnt wow me
  • No. I kind of felt that way a teensy bit when I first saw her...but I am over it now. I DO, however, want everything else she has: hot bod, her sweet style, her hair, her dresses, her shoes, her posh life...eh. Want all that, but the wedding gown? No, I love mine so much, that not even the Royal wedding made me re-think it.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker < br > Planning Bio
  • No. She was pretty but kinda "predictable bride" look. I'm going a totally different way! Although I did consider adding a bit of lace after FI said he liked sleeves, but not because of Kate.

• Kate's dress is very very pretty but it's not for me. Plus what bride wants to walk down the aisle and hear everyone say "OMG.. she totally copied Kate!"
    Anniversary
  • I wouldn't want to copy her dress, but I've been having dress regret, and yes, seeing ehrs did make it worse!
  • No, I love my dress.  Her dress was very pretty and appropriate for the type of wedding she had, but my wedding will be definitely not be like hers, so why would I want my dress to be?
    Anniversary
  • Ditto pp's that her dress was lovely and a good choice for her but wouldn't be appropriate for the type of ceremony and theme I'm going for.  I'll stick with the one i have.
    Whoever said it was supposed to be happily ever after is a big fat liar.
  • Not at all. Her dress would nooooot look good on me. Plus, I prefer strapless. :)
    November11 Siggy challenge: You and your fiance!

imageWedding Countdown Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards