Wedding Reception Forum

Champagne Toast

My caterer who is also supplying the alcohol wants almost $5 a glass for champagne for the toast I think that's absurd seeing as how a bottle of Andre is abotu $5. I think we are not going to have champagne passed out or at the tables. We are having an open bar is skipping the champagne ok?

thanks.

Re: Champagne Toast

• I agree, that is absurd. People will toast with what they have.

Also, if you are having an open bar, is sparkling wine one of the options? The caterer could just supply sparkling wine (not quite champagne) as part of their "roster" and guests could get that if they wanted.
  • Lisa50Lisa50 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_reception-ideas_champagne-toast-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:5Discussion:c7f09c4c-3c68-483c-983c-be21c63cd442Post:bd302f3e-d640-4e76-a63c-1bd42fef600f">Re: Champagne Toast</a>:
    [QUOTE]Skipping the champagne is fine. People can toast with their drinks for the bar. You could also ask the caterer about <strong>cheaper champagne</strong>.
    Posted by Liatris2010[/QUOTE]

Cheaper than Andre (OP's reference)??  LOL!   Seriously, though, champagne can be skipped altogether.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_reception-ideas_champagne-toast-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:5Discussion:c7f09c4c-3c68-483c-983c-be21c63cd442Post:3c080696-117a-4fd1-b368-2a849f9af4af">Re: Champagne Toast</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Champagne Toast : <strong>Cheaper than Andre (OP's reference)??  LOL!</strong>   Seriously, though, champagne can be skipped altogether.
    Posted by Lisa50[/QUOTE]

<div>Exactly!  That is sparkling wine, not champagne!  I'd skip too for that price.</div>

May 2013 February Siggy: Invitations

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• We are skipping it... bc it's $4 a glass and I felt the same way.. People will toast with what they have...
    196 Invited image
    104 Ready to Rock! image
    92 Party Poopers image
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thanks guys! I appreciate the information.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards