New York-Western

Invitations

Hey girls,
I just wanted to get an idea on what you were doing for your invitations. Are you making your own? Buying a set and doing it on your own? Ordering from a local company? Ordering online?
I am looking for Precious moments save the dates, invites, and thank you cards, and I am kind of nervous about doing it on my own (not having the right paper, ink, etc.) so I was just going to have someone else do it for me. I have heard of Vistaprint, but have never used them for anything. Any takes on this?

Any suggestions?
Thanks girls!!

Re: Invitations

• AeroStyleAeroStyle member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used VistaPrint for Save the Dates & invitations and I was very happy with them. If you have time hold out for a LivingSocial deal to come up. The ladies on the DIY boards are good about posting them. The only thing with the living social deals is you can't ship to NY. So if you have a friend in another state send it to them & have them ship to you. That's what I did.

Calling Cards Unlimited seemed to have a big selection & I remember seeing a lot of coupons floating around for them.
  • degreadegrea member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I sort of DIY mine and sort of didn't. I designed mine and had some else put it together. I went to Yours Truly in Clarence Center. The lady that runs the place was great to work with and a real help throughout the whole process.  I really wanted pocket folds.

EDIT:  I wanted to add that if I felt like I had time I would have just ordered everything from cards and pockets and made it all myself. Good Luck!
    To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass is half empty. To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be. - Unknown Why is electricity so expensive these days? Why does it cost so much for something I can make with a balloon and my hair? - Dennis Miller
  • MrsPawlak2BMrsPawlak2B member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I found my invitations on Etsy.  I found something I liked and the designer was able to customize them to be exactly what I wanted.
    8/6/11 ~ Happily Ever After!
  • covarlacovarla member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Save the Dates I'm ordering from Vista Prints using my own design for business card sized magnets.  Invitations and etc I'm getting some simple sets from a craft store (Joanns, Michaels, and AC Moore each have a good selection of different designs) and printing my own.
  • AZMagnini14AZMagnini14 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got my STD and invitations from Salutations! They have a great selection and are in Amherst. Very personable and good discounts.

http://www.salutations.cceasy.com/index.cfm
    BabyFetus Ticker image
  • Aquarian342Aquarian342 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I hand copied a photo of a flower I really love in oil pastel that will be a part of the wedding and had it shrunk at Office Max Imprint to the same size of a half-sheet of vellum opaque overlay.  I printed the invitation info on the overlay from home and tied the two pieces together with cording in my wedding colors using a hole-puncher.  I just got matching colored self-seal envelopes.  I didn't, however, have an inner envelope for the invite, just the outer and the RSVP card inside a response envelope.

Oh forgot to mention, I did have a few issues with printing the overlays from home, and had to buy ink as well.  If you do make your own, I'd recommend going to Kinko's or something instead of doing it all yourself if you feel it would be more reliable.  I didn't have issues with the result, but it was frustrating getting the printer to take the small paper size.
  • edited December 2011
    I had a friend do mine, she works for a company called ImageNow...she did do a lot of it by hand and i helped to save some money. they came out awesome!!
    Vacation Anniversary
  • degreadegrea member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    For my STD my photographer made post cards using our engagement photos. They turned out awesome and were cheaper to mail than a letter.
    To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass is half empty. To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be. - Unknown Why is electricity so expensive these days? Why does it cost so much for something I can make with a balloon and my hair? - Dennis Miller
  • edited December 2011
    So many good ideas!! Thanks for the insight girls!
  • edited December 2011
    We used Wedding Paper Divas.  I don't have the patience to do it myself :P
    Photobucket Follow Me on Pinterest
  • edited December 2011
    We made our save the dates and my mom, who works at a printing company, at them printed as post cards. We used Calling Cards Unlimited for the invites.  I found their selection to be good and the prices to be reasonable. It was worth it to me to spend a little extra and have someone else do them. I looked into Vistaprint and Wedding Paper Divas but I didn't find the savings to be that substantial. I liked Calling Cards Unlimited but beware that the ladies can be a bit abrupt and can get annoyed if you go in without an appointment.  We went without one anyways and they accommodated us but I'd recommend making an appointment, especially for weekends.
  • edited December 2011
    sometimes if you're lucky you can find invitations at tj max and marshalls in the home dept.  and they are wicked cheap, they probably wouldnt have enough to all match but who would know.  we used them for the shower. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards