Wedding Photography and Videography Forum

Bad experience with Bella

I just wanted to give everyone a heads up as to our experience with Bella Pictures.  We used them to get our photographer and our videographer and the pictures are TERRIBLE! Not only that, Bella isn't taking any accountability for the pictures saying "it's the photographer."  We they hire the photographer, so don't let them use this excuse.

The day of our wedding, the photographer was with us from 3pm until 11pm.  During that time I had to direct her on what pictures to take...and I should have been prepared.  I have ONE picture of each family, and ONE group shot of the wedding party.  Plus I only have THREE pictures of my husband and I together.  Just 3.  And they aren't even that great.

The pictures have terrible backgrounds.  We were put in front of a couch and the photographer removed the pillows, throwing them on the floor and apparently leaving them in the shot, because guess what we have in the pictures? These awful pillows thrown on the floor.

Not only that, there is only one shot of my dad and I walking down the aisle, and he's blinking.  Wouldn't you take more than one shot?  And half of my girls don't have a shot coming down the aisle.

I hope this isn't everyone's experience, I truly do, but my experience was just awful as far as the pictures went.  Our video wasn't horrible, it wasn't great, but compared to the pictures I wouldn't complain about it.

Just want to give future brides fair warning...your pictures are the material items that will stay with you forever after your wedding days, and you want them to be beautiful! So I hope they are! Smile

Re: Bad experience with Bella

• Sorry you had this experience. I live in CT and haven't heard of this company. You might want to post this on our local board (clicky) so other brides in the area know about it.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_photos-video_bad-experience-with-bella?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:30Discussion:c46624f6-cc80-4dd1-910e-ce4b7545dfbfPost:072df636-11c9-4111-b156-648daeea2819">Re: Bad experience with Bella</a>:
    [QUOTE]Sorry you had this experience. I live in CT and haven't heard of this company. You might want to post this on our  local board  (clicky) so other brides in the area know about it.
    Posted by MoonlightSilver[/QUOTE]

<div>Bella is a nationwide "umbrella company" that hires random local freelancers to photograph the weddings. It is kind of like the countries grab bag of photographers. You might as well look on craigslist and find your own newbie photographer, because thats where they recruit from.</div>
  • I heard bad things about them too.. I am so sorry to hear that! :(
  • I heard bad things about them too.. I am so sorry to hear that! :(
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards