Hawaii

floral help please!

Hi girls, so i'm new to this whole "plan a budget" thing.  Todd told me this past weekend that I think money grows on trees. So i thought about it and wanted to ask you girls what is a reasonable floral budget.  Don't get my wrong I know that it is different for each person but i'm going for a ballpark figure of what most people normally spend on florals.  I just don't want to tell a potential florist a crazy amount that is way too low or too high.  Here's what we're looking to get: my bouquet, 5 bridesmaids (small), boutonnieres, arch decor, possibly centerpieces.

hope i make sense. it has been a long week. TIA! :)
Todd & Cari
7.23.2011~Hale Koa Hotel

Re: floral help please!

• edited December 2011
    I was totally blown away with the price of flowers!  I kept mine very simple.  Here's what I paid:

1 Bridal Bouquet - $200 for cymbidium orchds and roses (I didn't ask how big it was going to be, but I should have.  It didn't seem that much bigger than my bridesmaid's bouquet made up of just cymbidiums for $75).

1 Bridesmaid Bouquet - $75

3 Hair Flowers - $5 each (I ended up only using one, but one came in handy as a back-up boutonniere)

2 White Cymbidium Orchid Boutonniere - $10 each

2 White Dendrobium Orchid Boutonnieres - $10 each

1 Gazebo Arrangement - $350 (sprays of orchids across the top, later used as centerpiece on head table)

1 Cake Florals - $75 (cymbidium orchids on the top and one corner of each tier on a 3-tier cake)

Set-up and Delivery - 10%

I did my own orchid aisle, but the florist quoted me $200 for med coverage.

I also ended up doing my own centerpieces, but florist quoted me $40 each for 15 dendrobium orchid stems in a simple vase.

I was very lucky to have an aunty provide all the orchids for the aisle and the centerpieces, so I came in under $1000 for flowers, but I had a small wedding party.  I'll post pics soon :) 
  • edited December 2011
    I paid:

my bouquet: 150$
    centerpieces: 150$ per table (for 1 large and two small per table)
    placemats: 1.30$/ea
    cake florals: 30$
  • edited December 2011
    We are spending about $950 for my bouquet, 4 BM bouquets, arch decor, hair flowers, and about 14 leis.  Set-up and delivery is a big part of the cost, too, so if you have anyone who can take care of that for you, that could be another way to save!

We are doing non-floral centerpieces.

When my florist came back with the initial proposal, I told him the BM bouquets were too high and I was going to do them myself.  He asked me how much I could spend and I was embarrassed to tell him the truth because I thought it was ridiculously low.  But I did tell him and he figured out something that would work at that price.  In the end, I think it is best to be honest with yourself and your vendors as to what you can really afford. 
  • edited December 2011
    I'm using Bella Bloom on Maui and she is great!
    Here is a bit of her proposal:

My floral budget was pretty high, and Bella Bloom is one of the more expensive florists on Maui, but Nicole came in way less than I had budgeted.  HTH

Bridal Bouquet- hand tied white roses and white lilies, no greens 

with full stem ivory satin ribbon wrap and crystal accents. 175.00 

Bridesmaid Bouquet-3 "Flame" calla lilies tied with black ribbon 30.00 

Boutonniere - Groom's white rose, 2 x groomsmen "Flame" calla, 

2x Father's bout "Flame calla, different from groomsmen 18.00 

Corsage - ivory calla for Mother of the Bride 1 25.00 

Alter Arrangement-2 large black urns with a rounded arrangement 

of white lilies, white roses and crystals 225.00 

Aisle decoration - 4" white rose commander balls tied with 

black ribbon hanging on chairs on aisle 1,3 and 5  $55.00 ea

Tall Centerpiece - 2 ft tall glass cylinder with white cymbidium 

orchids submerged. 2x 3" glass cube wrapped with black ti leaf and