Snarky Brides
Options

The day after v-day (morning thread)

Is TK working? 

We ate too much last night...DH fell into a food coma after dinner.  

Now, the day after, I feel heavier but satiated!

What's up for your Wednesday ladies?  I think I might go get acrylics put on my nails so that I can stop biting and let them grow a bit. 

Re: The day after v-day (morning thread)

• Options
    edited February 2012
    Good morning!

Poor H woke up yesterday super-duper congested and achy, so I consider myself lucky that he was able to muster up the energy to take me to dinner last night. It was an enjoyable meal, and we stopped at Walgreens on the way home for some Vaporub for him and chocolate for me. There was a little old lady who looked at me and said, "My goodness, honey, you look like a doll!". I was very flattered. Kiss

Not much going on today, just sorting through some work and starting to look at houses in VA. We're thinking about flying up there sometime in the next couple months to go househunting, and I'd like to have a clear idea as to where we want to check out. So, anybody from that area, feel free to give me some advice! haha
    25 in 2012 Reading Progress: 11/25 (44% toward goal)
    my currently-reading shelf:
    Mehgan's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
    Photobucket
    "Are you one of those vegetarian zombies that only eats grrrrrraaaaaaiiiinnnnnsssss?" -- raynes
    **FOR SALE NOW**
  • Options
    Morning. Today is H's grandpa's funeral. I just talked to him and could tell he just wanted to get it over with. I feel guilty not being there for him.

Today I have to get ready for my event this weekend. Get some things from the story, prepare the books, all that fun stuff.
  • Options
    We went to a fancy schmancy restaurant last night and it was delicious.  I was half embarassed walking in and seeing how small the dishes were and thinking how that would NEVER fill me up because FI and I are pigs.  After the 3 course meal we were actually full :)  

Sadly, I found out that one of my good friends from college past away this weekend.  It was a complete shock.  I'm starting to get slightly depressed.  It seems that everyone around me is passing away recently.  All of the deaths have come as a surprise, they have all been really young people not elderly or sickly.  They say bad things come in threes and I think I would snap if it happened again.
  • Options
    I'm sorry about your friend, Ibarr. I certainly hope bad things don't come in threes.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_the-day-after-v-day-morning-thread?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:232f74f0-5f35-459c-bec5-c99b225f2288Post:8c150584-e2c1-4ab8-aa15-1455e8c31cb5">Re: The day after v-day (morning thread)</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm sorry about your friend, Ibarr. I certainly hope bad things don't come in threes.
    Posted by Seshat411[/QUOTE]

<div>Thanks.  It's just getting overwhelming.  My cousin last month and now this.  Too too much.</div>
  • Options
    I had to try to open this three times before it worked so TK still seems wonky. 

We took it easy last night since we're celebrating our anniversary Friday. I got FH the first season of Boardwalk Empire and I can't wait to watch it. We're going away this weekend so we'll probably have the whole season done by the time we return. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Ibar-One of my best friends passed away almost a year ago. I know how you feel. I know we don't interact much but If you need to talk to someone that understands you can PM me.

I have a lot of nothing going on today. We didn't do anything for V day. We had pizza for dinner last night, AGAIN, because his mom wanted it. I'm not a big piza fan. She gets pizza every Tuesday. Am I being irrational that this annoys me? Tuesday is her day off and that's what she wants so that's what she gets. I told him I'm going to start eating at one specific restaraunt that he doesn't really care for every Wednesday. He said that would be fine. I'm going to try it and see how fast he gets annoyed.

20130105_202820-1_zps07580b43 Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    And TK ate my post. It was about too much pizza and not much else. Damn you TK
    20130105_202820-1_zps07580b43 Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I'm sorry lbarr :(

Aren't acrylics really bad for your nails?

I'm still hovering in between actually sick and not really sick.  My throat is still sore, I'm still congested, and I didn't have much energy for my workout, but other than that I FEEL ok.  I hope my green monster helps chase it away.

I have a long stretch at the office today, and I don't have much to do.  I think I'll run my Target errands and bring my book.  There's no sense in me sitting at the office not doing anything.

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • Options
    Mehg- where in Virginia? We just moved to Georgia from northern Virginia.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    NebbNebb member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited February 2012
    Adam and I decided on the restaurant for that thingie I mentioned yesterday, the menu looks amazing. I just need to figure out what night were going and then wrangle the finances. Also, we got adams bonus and he says I can use some to order a fitbit - I'm just gonna get it on amazon cause shipping and customs are up front, I don't trust the fitbit site that says no shipping/ customs cause I don't want any surprises. Other than that, I slept alright lastnight but I'm still sore in my shoulders and arms. I have a doc appointment tomorrow and I'm going to get him to refer me to an RMT so I can get it off my benefits.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_the-day-after-v-day-morning-thread?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:232f74f0-5f35-459c-bec5-c99b225f2288Post:e72e3125-0ad2-44c3-accb-bf5625a44bf7">Re: The day after v-day (morning thread)</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm sorry lbarr :( Aren't acrylics really bad for your nails? I'm still hovering in between actually sick and not really sick.  My throat is still sore, I'm still congested, and I didn't have much energy for my workout, but other than that I FEEL ok.  I hope my green monster helps chase it away.<strong> I have a long stretch at the office today, and I don't have much to do.</strong>  I think I'll run my Target errands and bring my book.  There's no sense in me sitting at the office not doing anything.
    Posted by J&K10910[/QUOTE]

<div>That is me right now.  We were getting a biopsy in early this am to process (today is usually a self-made shorter day because I work over my hours every week so it's nice) but alas, it is not here and wont be for awhile.  So glad I woke up extra early and took to take the early public trans here.  This is pretty standard for surgeries so why this is bugging me I don't know.  Now I'm sitting on TK until an appointment in a bit.  </div><div>
    </div><div>Also, feel better.  I remember you mentioning on GIS you felt sort of "off."</div>
  • Options
    Ooh, I want a fitbit.  I think I'm going to ask for one for my birthday. 

What's an RMT?

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_the-day-after-v-day-morning-thread?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:232f74f0-5f35-459c-bec5-c99b225f2288Post:450badc6-5f02-4129-952c-41523cfc5273">Re: The day after v-day (morning thread)</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: The day after v-day (morning thread) : That is me right now.  We were getting a biopsy in early this am to process (today is usually a self-made shorter day because I work over my hours every week so it's nice) but alas, it is not here and wont be for awhile.  So glad I woke up extra early and took to take the early public trans here.  This is pretty standard for surgeries so why this is bugging me I don't know.  Now I'm sitting on TK until an appointment in a bit.   Also, feel better.  I remember you mentioning on GIS you felt sort of "off."
    Posted by lbarr088[/QUOTE]

Ugh, I'd be irritated!  I wish I lived closer to the office so I could go home and nap (I'm salaried, and as long as I get my 26 client contact hours in and my paperwork done on time, they don't give a rat's ass what I do with the rest of my hours).  And thanks, I hope today is the worst of it :)

• Options
    Registered massage therapist
  • Options
    Morning.  This thread was not working for me for the first little bit.

Derek ended up having to stay at work late last night, so we're postponing V-day celebrations until tomrorow.  Tonight we have our first prenatal class, so it's grilled cheese for dinner and then right back out the door.

Nebb, I know when ordering through REI the customs/extras for the FitBit was ~$20. 

J, GET ONE.  Also, I'm sure she's answered already, but RMT = registered massage therapist.
    We'll just not tell H about this little fact, m'kay?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Good morning, lovelies!

Lbarr, I'm so sorry about your friend. That definitely is upsetting to happen so unexpectedly.

Not much for me today. My shins are killing me from lack of sleep but I'm hoping to go home at 4:30 and spend some time with my puppy before volleyball tonight.

I haven't cooked a single meal in almost 2 weeks due to my crazy work schedule and I'm just excited dreaming up what I will make!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Morning everyone.

I'm sorry, lbarr.  I found out yesterday that a guy I graduated HS with OD'd Monday night.  I'm not sure on what or if it was an accident, but I know he had recently cleaned himself up from drinking and drugs.  So sad. I wasn't very close with him since HS, though, so I almost feel weird that it's affecting me.
  • Options
    Weird.  After I replied it took me to some alternate dimension of this thread where only YIO's replies appeared.  Now that I'm back in, I can see the rest, but not YIOs!
  • Options
    J&K - get a fitbit! Awesomeness!

And yes, acrylics aren't good for you, but for one month, just so I can let them grow out, it will be fine. I have done it before to get them grown out. I am hoping that between that and prenatals my nails might get stronger. 

Nebb - I haven't bought it through the fitbit website but when I bought it through REI they put the shipping and duties into the price. I am sure it won't be bad through Fitbit frankly but I understand why you would want to know for sure.

So this might be TMI/odd but I have been fighting a cold for almost two weeks now and almost the entire time my lymph nodes in my armpits have been really tender. Yesterday and today its the ones on my left side...last week it was right side. They hurt so much to touch (so clearly I try not to touch them) but I can just 'feel' them...I want this cold done with.
  • Options
    OH!! Other thing!

H and his BFF's Valentine's gift to myself and BFF's wife was tickets to go see Potted Potter!  "All seven Harry Potter books in seventy hilarious minutes".  We go to see it next weekend!
  • Options
    Hey Raynes - nice squash!
  • Options
    celticmysscelticmyss member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited February 2012
    If FH hasn't already bought me a anniversary gift i am asking for a Fitbit. If I buy it for myself it will have to wait until another pay period because we have quite a few events coming up this month. I am really tempted to use my credit card but I am, trying to limit that to stuff I can immediately pay off 95% to avoid the high interest rate.  
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Good morning!

Work is busy, I think everyone is starting to figure out that I'm going to be out next week so they're sending me tons of shiit to get done before I'm out. Ah well it makes the day go faster.

On a funnier note, there's a guy that I work with that can never get my name right. Ever. I'm kicking off his engine program so he's been sending me lots of info lately. I have 5 emails from him this morning, my email is dara.lastname@companyname.com so my freaking name is in the email address. The five emails started like this
    Hey Dana,
    Quick question Sarah,
    Darla,
    Sorry Sarah, one more question,
    Good morning Dana,
    WTF?

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_the-day-after-v-day-morning-thread?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:232f74f0-5f35-459c-bec5-c99b225f2288Post:7db8ddcc-14c2-422a-ad95-1cd376e0bd1c">Re: The day after v-day (morning thread)</a>:
    [QUOTE]We went to a fancy schmancy restaurant last night and it was delicious.  I was half embarassed walking in and seeing how small the dishes were and thinking how that would NEVER fill me up because FI and I are pigs.  After the 3 course meal we were actually full :)   Sadly, I found out that one of my good friends from college past away this weekend.  It was a complete shock.  I'm starting to get slightly depressed.  It seems that everyone around me is passing away recently.  All of the deaths have come as a surprise, they have all been really young people not elderly or sickly.  They say bad things come in threes and I think I would snap if it happened again.
    Posted by lbarr088[/QUOTE]

I'm so sorry to hear that.  And I totally get it on the threes thing.  That has happened to me twice in my life now.  T&Ps out to everyone affected!

T&Ps to the family Sesh!

We had a really good evening actually. 

FI decided to e-mail HD corporate customer service about our horrible registry experience for more of a "hey, your system sucks, maybe you'd get a lot of registries if it didn't" (but politely of course).  He got a call back from the store manager here in regards to the e-mail (it had been forwarded on to her).  She agreed with him that the system is absolute shiit and they've been trying to convince corporate to change their system to an easier one for years.  She also said our complaint may very well be the nudge the company needs to do it right this time (especially since we pointed out that we're possibly pulling the registry) and that it's literally being sent to Mr. Hoem Depot president himself.  She also offered to personally meet with us and go through the store together and SHE'D write everything down and then enter it before we leave and give us a printout.  And as an apology for the inconvenience, they'd like to GIVE US THE GRILL from the registry as a wedding present!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I almost fell out of my chair when FI told me!

let's just say they MORE than made up for the PITAs they've been :)  What an awesome V-day present! lol
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_the-day-after-v-day-morning-thread?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:232f74f0-5f35-459c-bec5-c99b225f2288Post:f450cde4-473c-4107-a2ba-5b9c25473a01">Re: The day after v-day (morning thread)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hey Raynes - nice squash!
    Posted by number55[/QUOTE]

Spanks!

Also, OMGWTFBBQ, 30 weeks tomrorow.  That's 75%.  AHHH!!!!

Also, gtg soon?
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_the-day-after-v-day-morning-thread?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:232f74f0-5f35-459c-bec5-c99b225f2288Post:57051de4-8597-4d1a-a873-da5a2052fa64">Re: The day after v-day (morning thread)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Morning everyone. I'm sorry, lbarr.  I found out yesterday that a guy I graduated HS with OD'd Monday night.  I'm not sure on what or if it was an accident, but I know he had recently cleaned himself up from drinking and drugs.  So sad. I wasn't very close with him since HS, though, so I almost feel weird that it's affecting me.
    Posted by Steph+J[/QUOTE]

<div>Lbarr, I'm sorry for your loss :( You too, Steph.  Even if you haven't been close for a long time, it's still hard when you think about all of the memories.  </div><div>
    </div><div>A HS classmate of mine popped up as a "person I may know" on FB last week.  I clicked to see her profile, and her wall was full of "RIP", etc.  Apparently she committed suicide last spring :(</div>
  • Options
    Sorry to hear about your friend too Steph!
  • Options
    That's freaking awesome, Chels. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    bah. Now I see the rest of the thread. Apparently TK is still being stupid.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards