Hawaii

Ceremony Help Please

Hello ladies

I need help on figuring out what I want in my ceremony and in which order. Any outlines  you already have would be much appreciated. I am intereested in doing a hand ceremony (pretty much a reading/blessing more than an actual "ceremony") and a sand ceremony (a subtle way to  incorporate his 6yr old son and us joining together as a family). In which order should I do this. Thanks girls! all suggestions are welcome!

BFP #1 11/07/2012 EDD 07/09/2013 M/C 11/22/2012

BFP #2 02/05/2013 EDD 09/19/2013

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Ceremony Help Please

• ETweetETweet member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hmmmm... We had a hand ceremony (everyone loved it!) and our pastor did it right before announcing us husband and wife. It turned out very fitting due to the emotions it brought out. Like it kind of sealed the deal. Maybe just because we did it this way I think it should be done at the very end and the sand ceremony right before?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited December 2011
    We had Rev Pia read the "Blessing of the Hands" right after we exchanged rings.  Maybe you could incorporate the Sand ceremony after the vows to signify the union of your new family???

BTW, here are the words we used for the hand blessing:

“Blessing of the Hands", revised by Rev. Daniel L. Harris“These are the hands of your best friend, young and strong and full of love for you, that are holding yours on your wedding day, as you promise to love each other today, tomorrow, and forever. These are the hands that will work alongside yours, as together you build your future. These are the hands that will passionately love you and cherish you through the years, and with the slightest touch, will comfort you like no other. These are the hands that will hold you when fear or grief fills your mind. These are the hands that will countless times wipe the tears from your eyes; tears of sorrow, and as in today, tears of joy. These are the hands that will tenderly hold your children, the hands that will help you to hold your family as one. These are the hands that will give you strength when you need it. And lastly, these are the hands that even when wrinkled and aged, will still be reaching for yours, still giving you the same unspoken tenderness with just a touch.”
  • edited December 2011
    Wow MnM's!  That is sooooo beautiful.  I was wondering what a "hand ceremony" was.  Thanks for sharing!
  • edited December 2011
    I'm in tears just reading this!  I'm not sure I could make it through that part of the ceremony.  Beautiful!
  • edited December 2011
    Oh yeah!  When I first came across this I just knew I HAD to incorporate it into the wedding somehow.  We had Rev. Pia read it to us after we exchanged our rings.  MH and I were holding hands as he read it... I'm amazed that I didn't start crying!  It was just so beautiful and poignant.  Our videographer even incorporated this into our main feature.
  • ever_afterever_after member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    beautiful!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards