May 2012 Weddings

Newly Engaged! Aloha Fellow May Brides :)

Hello All!

I am so excited to be newly engaged to my luv. He proposed 2 & 1/2 weeks ago and it still has not fully sunk in:) The ironic thing is that I am all about wedding planning, so I have a lot of ideas already.

We are planning an eco-friendly destination beach wedding with a vintage touch. Yes...it's a lot...but it is me...it is him, and that is all that matters. I would love any other advice from fellow May 2012 brides, like if you already purchased your dress, if you are sending out engagement announcements or just save the dates.

I am looking forward to sharing ideas with you all and you sending some my way as well.

Congrats everyone!Smile
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Newly Engaged! Aloha Fellow May Brides :)

• Welcome to the board! 

We haven't "officially" done anything as far as planning our wedding yet, mostly just discussing different ideas we both have about pretty much everything. So our wedding is pretty much all planned just nothing is official yet.

We plan to send our save the dates about a year from now, we found these really neat magnet ones, hopefully they will be easier for people to keep track of than paper ones.
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Welcome! 

I plan all the time! I have the venue, dress, bouquet, food, invitations, photographer, and baker all picked out. I'm just waiting for January/February to start booking.

IMO, it's a good thing that we all have around a year and a half to plan. It gives us a lot of time to find some great ideas.

Good luck!
  • We are also having a vintage style wedding. We were also thinking about making it eco-friendly.. not on a beach though. We are both Catholic and are going for the cathedral. Vintage is soo much fun!! We will be having old fashioned oil lamps as center pieces, and chalk boards for the table numbers. Lots of decorative elements as well. Happy Planning!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards