Wedding Etiquette Forum

Where is everybody?

I'm contemplating going to work out at 8:00 so I can watch the Biggest Loser.  Either that OR watch the biggest loser while stuffing my face.

What are you ladies up to?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Where is everybody?

• J and I usually opt for watching the biggest loser while stuffing our faces.  We're fans of irony.
    Anniversary
  • ::sigh:: I pick the food every time.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • I just got home from work. Getting ready to do my grocery list as H and I are going grocery shopping tomorrow night. I am getting my Christmas list together as well, so it is going to be a big trip. I just don't want to be at the store next week.
  • Mica those are hilarious. I've seen a few of them before. Big EW to the Christmas Card. Who in the world would think that was appropriate?
  • I'm just sitting down with dinner.  I have a wives meeting tonight that I'm leaving in about half an hour for.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Mica those are awesome!  I love the naked one the best I think.
  • Mica, those pregnancy pics are hilarious. Who would have thought a gun would be such a popular prop for maternity pics.
  • I made a garlic naan pizza with a little pesto, sun dried tomatoes and goat cheese,  so yummy.
    Photobucket
  • garrets popcorn is the best ever.  andy - i'm guessing you've had it?
    Photobucket
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_everybody?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:72e5d48c-f469-48e5-bfb5-7f54e5268942Post:97006cdd-e64a-4106-baae-2edd5d3515a2">Re: Where is everybody?</a>:
    [QUOTE]DNB - Just cruious what goes on at the wives meetings?
    Posted by mkrupar[/QUOTE]

<div>They do a live video feed from the ship with the Captain and he fills us in on information that they can't tell us online for fear of the wrong people reading it.  It's great to get updates about what they've been doing, where they are heading, port visits and things like that.  Then after there is usually some type of guest speaker or group activity.  Last time there was a cop there telling us how to stay safe while living alone and what not.</div>
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Hi, dudes! I'm home from the gym, dinner in my tummy, and waiting for Scott to get home.

It's official. My personal trainer hates me.
    Vacation with Alix, Andy, Mandy, and FLORENCE. AND HER MACHINE.

The Margarita Evolution
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_everybody?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:72e5d48c-f469-48e5-bfb5-7f54e5268942Post:14ab3253-c9bc-444d-b7cb-ea97255edb4f">Re: Where is everybody?</a>:
    [QUOTE]garrets popcorn is the best ever.  andy - i'm guessing you've had it?
    Posted by kellyjellybelly[/QUOTE]
    oh yes I have and it is yummy.  The stuff I make is airpopped with 1/2 tbsp of butter on it.  Not anywhere as good. 
  • Andy good for you for joining.  I'm debating if I want to join meetings when I get back from Christmas or just try and do it online.  So far I've have enough motivation just from our challenge, but that's only been 2 days.  I need to have some type of accountability, so if we keep up the challenge I can do WW online.  If not I'll have to go to meetings.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_everybody?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:72e5d48c-f469-48e5-bfb5-7f54e5268942Post:c5d37f13-b8fd-4eb9-ad10-035cc1c5b819">Re: Where is everybody?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Where is everybody? : They do a live video feed from the ship with the Captain and he fills us in on information that they can't tell us online for fear of the wrong people reading it.  It's great to get updates about what they've been doing, where they are heading, port visits and things like that.  Then after there is usually some type of guest speaker or group activity.  Last time there was a cop there telling us how to stay safe while living alone and what not.
    Posted by dnbeach12[/QUOTE]
    I guess he forgot to mention "Dont let in the Kirby people?" :)
    Photobucket
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_everybody?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:72e5d48c-f469-48e5-bfb5-7f54e5268942Post:7d4c9c67-b8fb-493d-9dd2-0be416d1d090">Re: Where is everybody?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Andy good for you for joining.  I'm debating if I want to join meetings when I get back from Christmas or just try and do it online.  So far I've have enough motivation just from our challenge, but that's only been 2 days.  I need to have some type of accountability, so if we keep up the challenge I can do WW online.  If not I'll have to go to meetings.
    I think we kind of have our own accountability thing going on and I like it.  yay for fische for working out!

Are meetings a lot more expensive?  I just like that it tells me what to eat.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_everybody?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:72e5d48c-f469-48e5-bfb5-7f54e5268942Post:bb465f09-62ac-4dcb-86e3-4437d371d0ad">Re: Where is everybody?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Where is everybody? : I guess he forgot to mention "Dont let in the Kirby people?" :)
    Posted by kellyjellybelly[/QUOTE]

<div>Haha clearly he left that part out. </div>
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Definitely save your points for wine.

I'm finishing up my day long project of Cuban black beans.  H wanted to bring them in to work tomorrow (they're pot-lucking).  We're eating some for dinner tonight, his lucky co-workers get them tomorrow (they taste better every day, believe it or not, since the flavors meld more).
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_everybody?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:72e5d48c-f469-48e5-bfb5-7f54e5268942Post:c5d37f13-b8fd-4eb9-ad10-035cc1c5b819">Re: Where is everybody?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Where is everybody? : They do a live video feed from the ship with the Captain and he fills us in on information that they can't tell us online for fear of the wrong people reading it.  It's great to get updates about what they've been doing, where they are heading, port visits and things like that.  Then after there is usually some type of guest speaker or group activity.  Last time there was a cop there telling us how to stay safe while living alone and what not.

That's great. It's good to hear you all get updated and such. Do you usually know who the speaker is/what the activity is before going or is it a surprise?
  • All this talk of food is making me hungry esp since I am doing my grocery list. I am looking for a good crock pot soup recipe for next week....anyone have a good one?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_everybody?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:72e5d48c-f469-48e5-bfb5-7f54e5268942Post:ea64de97-e5dc-4249-9231-1664841cf81d">Re: Where is everybody?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi, dudes! I'm home from the gym, dinner in my tummy, and waiting for Scott to get home.<strong> It's official. My personal trainer hates me.</strong>
    Posted by crfische[/QUOTE]

Why is this Fishy??
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_everybody?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:72e5d48c-f469-48e5-bfb5-7f54e5268942Post:57fd42c6-57a8-4f11-ae3f-c4e3f32252df">Re: Where is everybody?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Where is everybody? : I think we kind of have our own accountability thing going on and I like it.  yay for fische for working out! Are meetings a lot more expensive?  I just like that it tells me what to eat.
    Posted by andy71781[/QUOTE]

<div>Exactly, I like the accountability we have.  If we end after the 12 weeks I will have to go to meetings for more accountability probably, but hopefully we will start another one.  </div><div>
    </div><div>I always do the monthly membership which is either $34.95 or $39.95 a month, and gives you your meetings and online membership.  The online is nice though because then you can use it on your phone too.  I used to only ever track and figure out points on my blackberry and it was so much easier.</div>
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_everybody?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:72e5d48c-f469-48e5-bfb5-7f54e5268942Post:43adc6ea-544c-4d4e-942c-1de46832c1f3">Re: Where is everybody?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Where is everybody? : oh yes I have and it is yummy.  The stuff I make is airpopped with 1/2 tbsp of butter on it.  Not anywhere as good. 
    Posted by andy71781[/QUOTE]

<div>My SIL recommends a splash of truffle oil, Parmesan cheese, dried basil and freshly ground pepper on popcorn.  It becomes super gourmet very quickly.  </div>
  • Yay fisheys trainer.  Damn, that was an exercise packed night for you. 
    Photobucket
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_everybody?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:72e5d48c-f469-48e5-bfb5-7f54e5268942Post:498249c8-4baa-43e9-bf58-69da341f3916">Re: Where is everybody?</a>:
    [QUOTE]All this talk of food is making me hungry esp since I am doing my grocery list. I am looking for a good crock pot soup recipe for next week....anyone have a good one?
    Posted by MissySue20[/QUOTE]

<div>I mostly use my crock pot to make Cuban black beans.  You rinse a pound of black beans, put it in the pot, add some rough chopped garlic, a diced onion and a couple smoked ham hocks (if you don't eat pig, you can add a smoked turkey leg), toss in a couple bay leaves and then top with about 6 cups of water.  Cook on high for 5 hours or low for 10-12 hours.  In the last couple hours, smash some beans against the side of the pot to thicken the stew, add a splash of vinegar and the juice of half a lime or lemon.  In the last hour, remove ham hock, remove meat from bone and put back in stew (discard bone).</div><div>
    </div><div>Serve with rice, fresh sliced green onions and as much hot sauce as you like.</div>
  • That's usually mondays and fridays, but she couldn't do monday this week.

I feel SO GOOD when I'm done, but I've been going long enough that she's bringing new things into my workouts that I haven't done since I was like...16 and I look at her like she's an alien when she tells me what she wants me to do. Then she does it with me. She's so great. I love her. and hate her. But mostly love her.

The Margarita Evolution
  • whoa I'm impressed.  I miss my personal trainer from chicago.  he was mean like that.  good for you dearie!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_everybody?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:72e5d48c-f469-48e5-bfb5-7f54e5268942Post:3891e915-dbbb-4310-be2a-331392ad77f9">Re: Where is everybody?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Where is everybody? : I mostly use my crock pot to make Cuban black beans.  You rinse a pound of black beans, put it in the pot, add some rough chopped garlic, a diced onion and a couple smoked ham hocks (if you don't eat pig, you can add a smoked turkey leg), toss in a couple bay leaves and then top with about 6 cups of water.  Cook on high for 5 hours or low for 10-12 hours.  In the last couple hours, smash some beans against the side of the pot to thicken the stew, add a splash of vinegar and the juice of half a lime or lemon.  In the last hour, remove ham hock, remove meat from bone and put back in stew (discard bone). Serve with rice, fresh sliced green onions and as much hot sauce as you like.
    Posted by mica178[/QUOTE]

That sounds really yummy. I just might give it a try. I am off for the next two weeks, so I am going to cook a lot and freeze stuff so we have it for awhile to pull out of the freezer.
  • Man, I wish I loved running. I would love to be a runner. But my knees and my attention span get in the way.

The Margarita Evolution
  • i should get myself a personal trainer.  but i hate being told what to do.  hate it.  
    Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards