Connecticut

CT Bride Needs Help!

Hi Ladies!

I am getting married at The Riverhouse in Haddam on June 25,2010. I am from Boston, and don't know the area well at all. Does anyone have suggestions for any of the following in the Haddam/Cromwell/Middletown area?

-Salon/Spa (Needs to accomidate a bridal party of 10 for hair and makeup)

-Rehearsal Dinner venue (looking for a fun, relaxed atmosphere)

-Wholesale Florists

Thanks! Happy holidays, and happy planning!

Re: CT Bride Needs Help!

• Whippet8Whippet8 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would recommend Emanuel's Salon on Newfield Street in MIddletown. Tina is doing my hair for my wedding, and she has been doing my hair for years. Also, one of my friends got married in november, and they accomodated her bridal party of at least 10 or more. I'm not sure about make up though.

Pretty much any restaurant in Middletown is great...they have tons to choose from...all different types of food as well....I dont think I can really narrow it down. plus it depends on what you would like to spend pp.

I cant help on wholesale florists, but I am using Capricorn Floral in Middletown.

Goodluck!
    TTC Buddies with JennaHack and 102007(Congrats!)!
    Baby Blog
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • SuMmErKuTiESuMmErKuTiE member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats and welcome!

As far as salon and spa... a lot of the ladies on here recommend Dana Bartone and Naomi Martinez both of which will travel to you on your wedding day.

Rehearsal Dinner: Ditto pp... Middletown has a fabulous downtown area with tons of great restaurants! Some of my favorites are Tuscany Grill, Amici, and Luce. My all time favorite is in Cromwell and that's Baci Grill.

Florists: I'm not familiar with any wholesale florists, but I'm using Jane from Just for You Weddings in Middlebury for the day after you. (I'm a June 26th, 2010 bride). She does amazing work and has great prices, I would definitely check her out!
  • edited December 2011
    Friends of ours had their RD at the Baci Grill in Cromwell.  They have a private room and really good food and it's not too pricey.

I used Just for you in Middlefield and Jane, the owner, was fantastic.  I was so happy with how everything came out and her prices can't be beat.

• jmestylejmestyle member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I also recommend Baci in Cromwell and Jane at Just for you (its Middlefield but basically Middletown)

Perisian Salon in Cromwell does well and so does Hair Unlimited in Cromwell
  • edited December 2011
    Salon Elite in Cromwell. Carol did hair for my wedding and my sister's wedding.

My sister had her rehearsal dinner at Harbor Park restaurant in Middletown. Cocktails were on the patio, then we went upstairs for a buffet dinner. There's also First and Last Tavern and Tuscany Grill.
  • edited December 2011

Baci Grill does have good food! Here's another recommendation for them as an RD site. :-)

I'm using Beauty Entourge (they're based out of a salon in New Britain) for my hair & makeup team. They travel to you on your wedding day so it's nice not to worry about having to head out to a salon.

I'm also using Jane from Just for You for flowers - she's great and will accomodate any budget.

The Bump ate my signature. DD - Apr 2011 DS - expected June 2013
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards