Wisconsin
Options

Bridal Cakes by Ann

I was just curious if anyone has worked with her? I've been looking through the board and found a mixed review of Ann, but not enough information that I was hoping for. I live in the Kenosha area and I am open to other places you ladies have used/tasted etc. And yes, I know I have a little time before looking into cakes, but I start school in about a week or so, and just want to get places down and what not so when I have do have the time between school and work I can do some wedding things. TIA!!!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Bridal Cakes by Ann

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Paielli's and Olivers are FANTASTIC! I had a bride 3 weeks ago that worked with Oliver's and the cake was stunning!
  • Options
    aimee58aimee58 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My cousin went through Ann 2 years ago for her wedding and raves about how awesome she is! She did centerpiece cakes at each table and they were beautiful and delicious.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Awesome, thank you. I'm going to be calling her in a little bit to set up an appointment. I want to get so much done in the week I have left before school starts and this one is part of that big list.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    aimee58aimee58 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I really liked the cakes! I'll probably be going to o & h in Racine (where I worked in high school), but Ann is my second choice.

I know how you feel about school starting, I started today and it's so hard to focus on working and wedding planning!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    msteph82msteph82 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We used Cakes by Ann and they were awesome.  Everyone could not stop commenting on how yummy our cake was. 
    ~ Missie

Welcome Baby Grace to the world! (via emergency c-section @ 38w2d)
    2/24/12 12:03pm 5lbs, 9oz Birth Story
    imageimageimage
    image image image
    Linky--> EP FB Group - March '12 FB Group <---Linky </b>
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I hired Ann for my October wedding.  Several of the reception venues that I looked at in Lake Geneva, Kenosha, and Milwaukee recommended her.  She has quite the reputation!  I met with her earlier in the month to finalize the details for my wedding.  She didn't give me the direction I was looking for, so come prepared if there is something specific that you are dreaming about.  At the end of the day, it is the taste that truly matters.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you ladies! I called her the other day and have an appointment with her next week. She seems really nice on the phone, cannot wait to meet her.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    cc7003cc7003 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_wisconsin_bridal-cakes-ann?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:118Discussion:8b1b0e2d-69bf-4b9d-bc13-69cf7a427a23Post:30892c6d-d2bc-4a05-8d8f-bdbaa692c02f">Re: Bridal Cakes by Ann</a>:
    [QUOTE]I hired Ann for my October wedding.  Several of the reception venues that I looked at in Lake Geneva, Kenosha, and Milwaukee recommended her.  She has quite the reputation!  I met with her earlier in the month to finalize the details for my wedding.  <strong>She didn't give me the direction I was looking for, so come prepared if there is something specific that you are dreaming about.  At the end of the day, it is the taste that truly matters.
    </strong>Posted by twenty4kblonde[/QUOTE]

This is the experience that my FI and I had. She also was a little short/snippy with us a few times during the consultation but then would turn around and joke with us so it was hard to read. The cake was fantastic and in like November she does an open house where you can taste a TON of flavors.

If you haven't had O&H I would try them as well. I personally don't care for their cake and really disliked their fondant when we've had their cake at previous weddings.

We ended up going with Cheesecakes by Jewels in Racine(she does regular cake as well as cheesecake), but she has since closed her retail location so I'm not sure if she's taking on more clients or what....
    image 125 made the cut! RSVP date--August 22
    image 108 are ready for photobooth fun! image 19 are camera-shy!
    image 0 Can't find the post office!
    Vacation
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards