Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh

DJ recommendations

Recommend your dj.....any recs appreciated!!
I have the week off so I will be posting a lot - trying to get this wedding planned :)
thanks ladies!!!!

Re: DJ recommendations

• morainemommorainemom member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hands down -

I highly recommend Jodi Colella from Accents Unlimited.

www.accentsunlimited.net

She is absolutely fantastic! She has great sound system equipment, she's very  professional in announcing and keeping the flow going and everyone at the wedding raved about the awesome job she did!
  • jrsygrl10jrsygrl10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    dj bill bara. he has been super amazing to work with so far! he doesn't charge overtime, so it's a one less thing i have had to coordinate! he'll be there for our ceremony through the end! he runs creative nightlife.
  • edited December 2011
    Jason Hitt from BIg Day.
  • kabrahamkabraham member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm in the same boat -- 2 friends recommended the same DJ they used for their weddings and he is already booked on my date! I need someone that will keep the flow going and really entertain. My FI doesn't dance but I do -- but I can't keep everyone on the dance floor by myself. We aren't doing a bouqet toss or garter toss --- need some one that will keep the time filled in and guests having a good time. Was also of thinking of doing a slideshow, maybe during dinner....another way to give guests something to do... what are some recs?? xo
  • edited December 2011
    Another rec for Jason Hitt - he did a fabulous job at our wedding.  Played exactly what we wanted, wasn't too "in your face" about stuff, kept the dance floor packed.  He is a bit expensive, but worth every penny in my opinion! 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Happy Birthday, little man. We love you so much!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Search & Win
    My favorite money saving tip: I've earned more than $300 in gift cards (Amazon, Starbucks, Southwest!) using SwagBucks for internet searching - and you can too! It's FREE and EASY!
  • reannalynnereannalynne member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Overall my DJ was great, I used DJ John Padula from Twist and Shout entertainment AKA Dragon Karaoke and DJ services.

http://twistandshoutentertainment.web.officelive.com/default.aspx

He was really reasonably priced, I thought, too.  If you will have an issue with him having a beer or two if its an open bar, though, make sure you discuss that with him ahead of time. I didnt.  Otherwise, he was great!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    DJ Dale Allen is supposed to be wonderful
    I've heard great things about DJ Willie also.
    Avoid the agencies if possible as they charge you 2x as much and AVOID DJ JEREMY GANSS-he is terribly rude.
  • sunlover07sunlover07 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks so much ladies!
  • ShleeASTShleeAST member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are using DJ Tooth his website is http://www.djtooth.com/

He's a friend of my fiance's friend so we called him up! He does slide shows, has his own lighting, and will keep the dance floor packed!  We haven't gotten married yet but I have no doubt he will be awesome!

Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards