Hawaii

Lanikuhonua peoples

What's a general price range to do a wedding here?  We're 99% sure we're going to cancel at the Fanger Estates so it's back to square one, again.  Trying to figure out if this is an option for us, assuming they're available in the first place.

Re: Lanikuhonua peoples

• edited December 2011
    We are paying approx $2500, but thats with the kama'aina discount.
  • ginajadeginajade member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    How many people do you have? For us, the actual reception part (minus flowers, dress, photographer, dress etc... all the 'fixed costs' you would have anywhere) cost about $137/person.  This was for site fee, food, drinks, cake, rentals, and waitstaff.  It ended up costing more than it would have at the hotels we were looking at, but the place is truly gorgeous.  We had 120 people at our wedding, so if you have less you can probably do this cheaper.
  • mocha beansmocha beans member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're going to probably invite around 100, but I don't think more than 50 will make it.  The lady actually did call me back quicker than I thought she would, and I like the price, so I think we're going to go with Lani.  I should have just looked there first a year ago, but I somehow assumed it was too expensive for us.  That's what you get for assuming though!

Thanks!
  • edited December 2011
    i am patiently waiting for april 30th to reserve lani...i tried emailing the lady there and she wouldnt let me reserve more than 14 months in advance...tick tock tick tock...i knew i wanted to get married here even before i got engaged...so just waiting...i didnt know there were kama aina rates...hmm....
  • edited December 2011

I still have a lot of planning to do, but I am expecting to spend about $15000 for about 100 people.  The site is amazing.  Good luck and hope your date is available!

• edited December 2011
    as of right now it still is since its like 16 mths before..that lady is a stickler...i will be jumping for joy the day i get to secure the venue...15000 is my budget as well. ive went to wedding there and thats where i fell in love with the place...where are you getting your tables and chairs and tents? were going to have approx 100 people. my guest list is at 75 right now...
  • edited December 2011
  • edited December 2011
    My wedding coordinator is handling that.  I forgot the name of the company.  I would love a lot of people there, but I would also be extremely happy if we had about 75 people :).  Our guest list is at 126.  I think it's high, but I don't think everyone will make it out there. 
  • Samaralynn23Samaralynn23 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hey Mocha Bean just wanted to say good luck.......seen this post and I dont blame you.  I'd rather be safe then sorry.  If you do cancel your in for a haul getting your deposit back.  We're STILL waiting on ours from Fanger and getting the run around.  Same thing happened when we canceled a day and wanting that money for the wedding took almost two months. 
  • mocha beansmocha beans member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks Happy!  I don't know why I never looked at them in the first place, I should have for sure.

Thanks Samara, I think we're going to need it too from the sounds of it.  Your review plus the dozen or so others that I've seen or had emailed to me just make me too nervous about what's going to go wrong.  We're paying good money to be there, we should expect things to work properly.  It's not like they're brand new anymore, that would be completely understandable.  At 6 months open, things like that should be mostly worked out.

And it sounds like we may have more friends coming than the estate can comfortably hold now anyway, so it's not so bad.

I haven't sent them an email yet or called, we're going to nail down our plan B first.  We decided we'd make a decision at the end of January; hopefully we'll have the money back by the wedding.  We put it on my dad's visa card and he's already long since paid it off so it's not a huge bummer it if takes forever, but still, I'd like to not wait months and months.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards