Hawaii
Options

Dress just in!!...plus a silly question :)

BIG NEWS - I got a call this afternoon from the bridal shop that my dress is finally IN!!  I'm sooo excited!!  My fitting is scheduled for next Thursday and I simply CANNOT wait!  (ahhh!)

Anyways, I have a (slightly embarrassing) question for you gals.... I was told to bring my shoes and undergarments in.  The problem is my dress is backless!  So what undergarments should I get?  Going to visit Victoria's Secret this weekend, but it would be helpful to know what to look for!  Thanks!!!!!  :)

Re: Dress just in!!...plus a silly question :)

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Congrats!! I hope you LOVE, LOVE IT!!

I'd look for the cups that stick to your sides w/ no straps or back. Or the ones that just tape to your boobage. If you ask the ladies there, I'm SURE they'll be happy to help you find something. I'd also check out a department store too, they have lots of items that could work.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    BACKLESS!  Hot mama. Pictures please!

Do you need undergarments at all?  Or, can they just sew cups in & call it a day?
  • Options
    fabutanfabutan member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks girls!!  I'm gonna check it out this weekend  :)

LOL, admittedly backless was a bit of an exaggeration.  ;)  I'd say it's just a very low back (i.e. a bra would definitely show!).  So excited!!!  Let's just hope it fits, LOL  :)

• Options
    Michiko1983Michiko1983 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yay! That's so exciting! I'm sure it'll be better than you remember it :) I know Victorias Secret and Macys have convertible bras that have a "low strap" option that may work. Otherwise, Macys definitely has sticky cups.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yup, if you don't need a lot of support, I'd either get cups sewed into the dress or go with the sticky cups.  If you're planning on getting spanx or anything, you should also make sure it's not visible...
  • Options
    sld0618sld0618 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I used to work at VS for years, so the best options are the sticky cups or the convertible bra. 

If you go with the sticky cups, here's how to put them on which no one really knows about: Take them apart.  Then apply them to each boob.  You'll want to put them a little more on the sides and under (but this changes with how it looks with the dress, you'll have to play around with it).  Then connect them and you will get more support and cleavage this way.  A lot of people will just put them on while they are hooked together and it doesn't do much.

To clean them (which they never tell you how to because they want you to buy new ones), you will just take a damp gentle washcloth to it.  Do NOT rub it, but just pat it a little.  This will take off your dead skin (gross, I know) that is keeping it from sticking properly.

Also: you can't try it on in the store, but they will return it if you get it home and it doesn't work with your dress.  Keep your receipt or they will hassle.  You can't try it on there because they get damaged out afterwards, unless you can't really tell that someone else tried it on when it's brought back.  If they hassle you about returning, ask to talk to the store manager and ask where on the receipt does it say they won't return it.  If this fails, then ask for the number for client relations and they will help you.

HTH!!!  I LOVE the sticky bras, they last for years if you take care of them properly.  FYI...do not wear it when you go dancing or to a club.  You may get too sweaty and they may fall off you which will lead to a very embarrassing moment of you grabbing yourself and running to the bathroom.  Yeah, it happened to me, haha.

• Options
    fabutanfabutan member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks girls!!  This board is the best  :)  

sld0618 - that is GENIUS advice!!  I'm gonna follow those instructions to a tee  :)  Wish someone had told me about sticky cups before, could've definitely used them for prom, LOL!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    All the advice PPs gave is great but I used Bare Lifts and they were great! I couldn't use a bra but needed support...your may not be able to use them if the front doesn't allow for it.
    http://barelifts.com/
  • Options
    edited December 2011

My alterations lady wouldn't sew cups into my dress because she thought it would look funny so I did the sticky bra....UH-MAZING!  $14 at Target and I could wear that thing all the time.  I'm not small chested either and it totally held everything UP and in the right place :) I can't recommend it enough.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards