Washington-Seattle

DJs- Austin Beaver? Chris Graves?

So FI and I originally wanted a band, but then we decided it would be much much more important to have a really good DJ than an OK band. Sometimes bands can be cheesy?

Today we met Austin Beaver and really really liked him, except for his price tag. I've heard good things about Chris Graves also, but haven't met with him yet to know whether personality clicks or if his price tag is much different. Has anyone out there been to a wedding done by either and have an opinion?

We really just want a really fun party.

Am I the only person who feels guilty after taking up lots of vendor time and not booking them?

Re: DJs- Austin Beaver? Chris Graves?

• edited December 2011
    My brother used Austin Beaver.  It was an AWESOME party.  I would have tried to book him too, but my DJ budget was pretty small.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks! I keep hearing he's great at creating an awesome party...your brother definitely thought he was worth the money?
  • jennuinnejennuinne member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    No, but if your still looking I recommend Bamboo Beats!  No, don't feel guilty about meeting w/ them and not booking; that's what this whole process is about.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Yep, he and my SIL both thought Austin was awesome!  SIL was pushing for me to rearrange the budget so we could book him, but I had other ideas for our cash, lol.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    I didn't meet with Austin Beaver, but I had heard great things about him.  He was already booked for our day.  My officiant recommended Chris Graves and we loved him after we met with him.  She described him as Austin Beaver-like and she was practically giddy when she brought him up.  We haven't had our wedding yet, but I'm very excited with our choice!  GL
  • dawnies79dawnies79 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used Chris Graves for my wedding and absolutely LOVED him! He did an fantastic job (just got married in Feb). I think a few other now married Knotties have used him as well. I would highly recommend him.
    I have a full review for him on the Seattle Knotties FB, and I think it should be on the Seattle Bio as well.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic EDD: September 22, 2012 BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone! I suppose if they're both excellent I can't really go wrong can I? But I suppose that won't make the decision process any easier :)

Dawnies- I just read your review on FB and was wondering more about the delayed email responses. Are we talking 2-3 days or like a week? That's the sort of thing that would bother me, but I'm trying to be more laid back about it.
    Thanks!
  • edited December 2011
    I also used Chris Graves. I didn't find any issues with his email responses to me. He usually got back to me by the next day, but I also didn't email him a lot. I highly recommend him. He helped our day flow a lot better.
    imageimageimage
    Newlywed Athlete Blog
    DD Arrived 10/17/2011
    2012 Races
    Valentine's Day Dash - 5k - 2/11/12 - 34:21
    Kirkland 5k - 5/13/12 - 31:59
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_washington-seattle_djs-austin-beaver-chris-graves?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:104Discussion:1e5d0628-3c5c-4279-8ead-7f8248a183eePost:9c3ef84f-41aa-4e8e-b74f-86bba9fbd9a7">DJs- Austin Beaver? Chris Graves?</a>:
    [QUOTE]So FI and I originally wanted a band, but then we decided it would be much much more important to have a really good DJ than an OK band. Sometimes bands can be cheesy? Today we met Austin Beaver and really really liked him, except for his price tag. I've heard good things about Chris Graves also, but haven't met with him yet to know whether personality clicks or if his price tag is much different. Has anyone out there been to a wedding done by either and have an opinion? We really just want a really fun party. Am I the only person who feels guilty after taking up lots of vendor time and not booking them?
    Posted by meanbankrobber[/QUOTE]
    Chris was awesome! I was at a wedding with him as a DJ, and I have nothing but great things to say about him. I've met Austin and he's cool and all, but a little too salesman for me (that has nothing to do with his DJ abilities I'm sure which I haven't seen)
    Married! | July 15, 2005 | It's a Girl! | January 31, 2009 | It's a Girl! | July 21, 2011
    Heavens to Murgatroyd Blog
    Unofficial Baby Names Sticky Note: New and Old| Local Bumpie Website image
  • irshis20irshis20 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Chris was higher in price versus another DJ that came recommended by our coordinators, so I didn't end up booking him, but he was very responsive to my emails/questions. Seemed very professional.
  • edited December 2011
    Hmmm.. I tried to contact Chris via his website a day or two ago and he hasn't responded yet. I think I'll wait another day or two before I decide not to go with him. He seems so highly reviewed so I'd love to hear what he has to say and meet him.
  • edited December 2011
    Hi all -

Was just curious if you might give me a price range for what Austin and Chris have come in at?  I'm not sure how much I want to spend on a DJ but have been in contact with both (just recently got engaged) so would love to know if I'm going to fall out of my seat when I get their quotes (I am sure I will).... I have no idea what to expect but am not sure I want to spend the loads of cash that I'm sure these DJs will ask for, so if you've already gotten quotes and wouldn't mind sharing a ballpark as to where he fell, that would be much appreciated.  This wedding stuff is ridiculously priced - guess that's why I'm only going to have one!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards