Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions

wakling down the isle..

What song are you using? the traditional or something else?
are you having people playing the song on instruments, ora  chior or a radio?

Re: wakling down the isle..

• We used Bach's "Jesu, Joy of Man's Desiring" (fairly popular, most people are familiar with it). Our DJ played it over his sound system, and it sounded beautiful.   

DSC_9275
  • Queen JaneQueen Jane member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited June 2012
    We had a string trio and I asked them to do Spiritualized's "Ladies and Gentlemen We are Floating in Space". Loved it.
  • I am still unsure about what I'm going to walk down the aisle to!  I would love to walk down somehow to an acoustic version of Sister Hazel's This Kind of Love (but that's going to be our first dance...so idk) or Edwin McCain's I'll Be (special to us as well) ... My fall back is Pachelbel's Canon in D
  • I'm having an outdoor wedding and we're doing Ave Maria, as my half of the family is Catholic. It's also a tribute to my mother, as that was played at her wedding. It'll be a complete surprise. I have one friend that can play sooo many instruments and has offered to play it on her flute. My future sister-in-law is a professional opera singer (she is AMAZING) and can sing it VERY well. So that's what we will be doing. Another choice we were considering, less traditional, but still a classic, is Air from Water Suite number 1 by Handel. Which I may use as a prelude and to get the mothers and flower girls up there.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • aragx6aragx6 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    Here Comes the Sun by the Beatles on the flute and guitar by two of our dear friends :)
    Lizzie
  • I used the Hawaiian/ukelele version of "Somewhere Over the Rainbow."
    Whoever said it was supposed to be happily ever after is a big fat liar.
  • Lisa50Lisa50 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment

This was our Ceremony music (string quartet) ...

Prelude (20 – 30 minutes)

Purple Haze – Hendrix“Spring” from The Four Seasons - VivaldiBrandenburg Concerto No. 2 in F, 3rd Movement – BachHornpipe from the Water Music Suite – HandelEntrance of the Queen of Sheba – Handel

Couple’s Entrance
    La Rejouissance from the Music for the Royal Fireworks - Handel

Couple’s Guest Greeting (15 – 20 minutes)
    Ashokan Farewell from the Civil War – Ungar
    Canon – Pachelbel

Processional
    Brandenburg Concerto No. 2 in F, 1st Movement – Bach

Interlude (violin duet)
    Double Concerto in D Minor 1st Movement – Bach

Recessional
    Wedding March from A Midsummer Night’s Dream – Mendelssohn

Our first dance was to Leonard Cohen's Dance Me to the End of Love. There were no other spotlight dances.

• I'm not sure if I'll be walking or not, but - okay, this is a bit silly - Vitamin String Quartet does an incredible version of Paramore's "Hallelujah." I heard the song itself before I knew what it was, and I loved it. After learning that the string version was a cover (and trying to not vomit), I looked up the lyrics and listened to the original version, and it fit well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O3CRqwNzbPY
    June 2013 Signature Challenge
    Favorite Sports Team
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • We have a harp/violin duo playing for our ceremony. The wedding party will enter to "A Thousand Years" by Christina Perri I was thrilled when our musicians said they would learn it!, and I will be walking down to Canon in D. Brings tears to my eyes when I hear it!
  • I'm walking down to the piano version of Taylor Swift's "Enchanted" :)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_ceremony-ideas_wakling-down-the-isle?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:10Discussion:486d05a7-d598-41a8-a603-c34fe880216aPost:3d39f053-ade7-45b4-a1c1-80b6fd7cf57f">Re: wakling down the isle..</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm walking down to the piano version of Taylor Swift's "Enchanted" :)
    Posted by annamhisle[/QUOTE]

I just found the instrumental version and listened to it and LOVED it!! Such a great idea. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_ceremony-ideas_wakling-down-the-isle?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:10Discussion:486d05a7-d598-41a8-a603-c34fe880216aPost:2192f2f7-56f5-46ac-9950-73bb5e263ce1">Re: wakling down the isle..</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm having an outdoor wedding and we're doing Ave Maria, as my half of the family is Catholic. It's also a tribute to my mother, as that was played at her wedding. It'll be a complete surprise. I have one friend that can play sooo many instruments and has offered to play it on her flute. My future sister-in-law is a professional opera singer (she is AMAZING) and can sing it VERY well. So that's what we will be doing. Another choice we were considering, less traditional, but still a classic, is Air from Water Suite number 1 by Handel. Which I may use as a prelude and to get the mothers and flower girls up there.
    Posted by fschuller[/QUOTE]

<div>THAT IS SO AWESOME! I bet it will be an extremely lovely surprise !!</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_ceremony-ideas_wakling-down-the-isle?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:10Discussion:486d05a7-d598-41a8-a603-c34fe880216aPost:e64baa16-529b-4e09-89e8-e8438e1b0af2">Re:wakling down the isle..</a>:
    [QUOTE]We have a harp/violin duo playing for our ceremony. The wedding party will enter to "A Thousand Years" by Christina Perri I was thrilled when our musicians said they would learn it!, and I will be walking down to Canon in D. Brings tears to my eyes when I hear it!
    Posted by abricadabra[/QUOTE]

<div>I just listened to "canon in d" and im bawling my eyes out!!
    </div>
  • The Luckiest by Ben Folds. I'm now incapable of listening to it without crying. I'm going to be a wreck when I walk...
  • I am walking to a slow piano verion of Journey's Open Arms
    Counting the days until I marry the man of my dreams. Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • rin89rin89 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    I'm also doing Canon in D, but I found a Celtic version that I LOVE! <3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pvtdqPKHk8c&feature=related
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards