Getting in Shape
Options

Poll: Cold Weather Exercise

How does your exercise routine change with the change of seasons?  Do you add in different things?  Take any out?  Change locations?
We'll just not tell H about this little fact, m'kay?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Poll: Cold Weather Exercise

• Options
    Not too much changes for me, since I do most of my workouts at the gym, but I do add in some winter sports.

While we don't do it often enough to be a significant source of exercise, my H and I try to get out snowboarding a few times and spend a small amount of time skating.
    We'll just not tell H about this little fact, m'kay?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I workout at home so not much changes, but I am hoping to get DH into cross country skiing.  It's such a good workout and a great way to be outside during the winter.  We'll see what happens!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    My workouts don't change much either.  Instead of running outside, I just run inside. But my other cardio and lifting workouts are the same.  However, my drive and motivation sky rockets during the winter, which normally its the opposite, but I just love being able to shed the lbs during the winter so I am ready for the summer time :)

I spend 3/4 of my time in Chicago & 1/4 of my time in Colorado, so my FI and I are able to do more in Colorado.  We went to the mountains this past weekend & went walking.  There are tons of places to hike & ski.  We try to do as much as we can outside as long as it isn't too cold!  We also play racquetball, tennis and basketball during the winter months.

330image Invited
    0image Accepted
    0image Declined
    330image Waiting
  • Options

I do the same things as what I would do in the summer. It just depends how cold or snowy it is outside then I would just do my cardio in the gym. I much prefer to run outdoors because I think it's more relaxing. When I'm in the gym I get bored doing my cardio because you keep running on the treadmill and nowhere to go.

Sometimes once a week I would do hot yoga but it's expensive. I have to go to a different studio than my gym.

• Options
    I was still running outside until I got sick. I haven't done anything for a week and a half. Now it is finals so I hope to start again next week.
    BFP #1 6/18/2012 // EDD 2/28/2013 // Birthdate 2/7/2013

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    I love running outside. So when the freezing weather hits, I do pilates/biggest loser/DWTS video workouts. I do go on the treadmill...but don't prefer it since it's not the best for my knees.
  • Options
    I still run outside when it's cold, I just wear a lot more clothes. I hate running on the treadmill, so I pretty much only do it if it is unsafe for me to run outside (very icy sidewalks, or really extreme temperatures). As long as the footing is good, I actually really like running in the snow, especially in the early morning: it's quiet and pretty and sparkly. The whole world feels like it belongs to me!
  • Options
    My outside running usually comes to a halt, but I'm trying to change that this year. No more being a weenie about it being cold!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards