• Images
  • Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
GO
May 2011 Weddings

BACK FAT!!! (PIP)

So, I had my second dress fitting yesterday and everything was going great, until I turned around...

How do I get rid of my back fat?! Is the dress just too tight at the top? If we tie it loser I'm afraid the girls will hang out when I bend over.

Cry
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: BACK FAT!!! (PIP)

• When I went for my fitting, I mentioned the Push over of back fat as my concern. They said it usually only occurs if the top is an improper fit. Talk to your seamstress and see if there is any way they can think of fixing it
  • If my bra is too low, then my back has a vertical crack. It happened once or twice so I had to lift it up a little bit. Trust me, nobody is going to be looking at you and noticing any back fat, which doesn't look like anything at all. You look beautiful in your dress!
    Anniversary
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Knottie1434329233
  • I have the same problem, but my dress has to be that tight or it's scandalous at the top. My alterations guy told me to use Hollywood fashion tape and pull the skin forward on the sides and tape it in place. It sounds painful to me, but if it works, it'll be worth it! I'm going to try it at my final fitting in 2 weeks. We'll see!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_may-2011-weddings_back-fat-pip?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:645Discussion:010c5664-bf42-42bd-8a62-6637b0b73403Post:42672441-2b7e-4fff-92c4-03b57d7e3871">Re: BACK FAT!!! (PIP)</a>:
    [QUOTE]When I went for my fitting, I mentioned the Push over of back fat as my concern. They said it usually only occurs if the top is an improper fit. Talk to your seamstress and see if there is any way they can think of fixing it
    Posted by eandringa[/QUOTE]

The back is a corset, so we didn't need to alter it at all on the top. If I need it looser the corset is just tied looser. I am having her sew in boobs so I dont have to wear a bra. I don't understand why it's still sort of loose at the top, but I have back fat at the same time.

Everyone is assuring me that it's really not that noticable and whatnot, but I feel like they're just telling me what I want to hear.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_may-2011-weddings_back-fat-pip?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:645Discussion:010c5664-bf42-42bd-8a62-6637b0b73403Post:470423c9-587c-4977-afb6-51003955ea56">Re: BACK FAT!!! (PIP)</a>:
    [QUOTE]I have the same problem, but my dress has to be that tight or it's scandalous at the top. My alterations guy told me to use Hollywood fashion tape and pull the skin forward on the sides and tape it in place. It sounds painful to me, but if it works, it'll be worth it! I'm going to try it at my final fitting in 2 weeks. We'll see!
    Posted by loislane906[/QUOTE]

It sounds like you're in the same boat as me. I will also give that a try. Thanks for sharing the advice. :)
  • Your dress is gorgeous, by the way. I love the bodice and the tied ribbon below it. I would totally steal it if I could. :)
    Anniversary
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Thanks. I'm really excited to be able to pee on my own on May 21st, lol. The bustle still needs a little work. It will be 100% complete on May 16th.
  • I also have a corset dress and the seamstress said do not pull it so tight for the first 1 or 2 sets of loops.  Then start pulling super tight the rest of the way down.
    Photobucket
  • I'm glad we get to see your dress, it's gorgeous!

I would try tying the corset more loosely, to see if you still feel secure in front.  If not, then maybe try the tape thing.  But as PP said, you will probably notice this more than anyone else, as we are all pretty self-conscious.
    imageimage
  • Your dress looks great :) It's hard to spot reduce fat in places like that, and it seems like the only way is to reduce overall body fat--through lots of cardio.
  • Ummm.... bend over.  That will help your girls fall into your dress better and your back will smooth out.

My seamstress told me that. ;)

Went from this -

to this -

~ Missie

Welcome Baby Grace to the world! (via emergency c-section @ 38w2d)
    2/24/12 12:03pm 5lbs, 9oz Birth Story
    image image image
    image image image
    Linky--> EP FB Group - March '12 FB Group <---Linky </b>
  • I am not wearing a veil. I will have my hair down & some 18in extensions in though, so that will definitely help.
  • I think through all the tricks the ladies provided to you, it will work out. I don't have a corset back dress but I have had that problem before with strapless dresses. I have also just used the trick Missie talked about and it's worked for me.
  • Missie is like the 2nd smartest person ever. I'd say the smartest, but I'm pretty sure I already told someone on here they were the smartest.
  • I am getting extensions to try and hide my back a little, I think it will help. I now also plan on trying missie's trick out!!
    Married since 5/21/2011
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_may-2011-weddings_back-fat-pip?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:645Discussion:010c5664-bf42-42bd-8a62-6637b0b73403Post:42672441-2b7e-4fff-92c4-03b57d7e3871">Re: BACK FAT!!! (PIP)</a>:
    [QUOTE]When I went for my fitting, I mentioned the Push over of back fat as my concern. They said it usually only occurs if the top is an improper fit. Talk to your seamstress and see if there is any way they can think of fixing it
    Posted by eandringa[/QUOTE]

ditto to this. my BP was the first time my mom put me into the dress- it's a corset in the back, so I can't do it myself. it didn't fit right!! we let it be, and my sweet photog took pictures so that you couldn't notice.

the next weekend, mom and I went back to dress store for a lesson in how to put it on- I was holding the top way too far up when my mom was lacing! :)
    image122 Made the list!
    image 89 Are ready to party!
    image 11 Will be missing out!
    image 22 Can't find the mailbox!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards