Christian Weddings

Bridal Luncheon

I have a question about who is supposed to host the bridal luncheon. I thought the bride was supposed to host this to show her appreciation for her wedding party. One of my bridesmaids wants to host it, which is VERY sweet of her, but I think maybe she's doing something that I should be doing for her. I told her this (actually her mom who was asking me about it), and she said "NO! They are supposed to do this to make me feel special." I told her that they already make me feel special, but she wouldn't really hear more about it. lol What do y'all think?
Anniversary

Re: Bridal Luncheon

• Another question :-)

If this is something I'm supposed to do, how do you suggest I handle it? Should I just graciously accept it? Or should I let them know that I really appreciate it, but this is my opportunity and place to make THEM feel special?
    Anniversary
  • I hosted a morning after brunch for the bridal party after the wedding, I was a bridesmaid.  So I would say go ahead and let her if she is offering.  That may not be correct though.
    "Love is not affectionate feeling, but a steady wish for the loved person's ultimate good as far as it can be obtained"-C.S. Lewis

Married! May 27th, 2012

• naomikbnaomikb member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited March 2012
    Did you already have a shower?  That is where your bridesmaids/family host a party for you and "make you feel special."

If you are throwing a bridal luncheon the day before your wedding or for the morning/lunch the day of the wedding then you are the host - no need for your BM to do it, although it is gracious of her to offer.  The luncheon at that time would be to thank your BMs for their participation in your wedding, and would be a great time to give them their TY gifts.  I think your wording in your second post that you are grateful for the offer but want to thank them for their time is perfect.

If your friend still wants to throw you a party, she can help to throw a bachelorette (which would be the other type of party in addition to a shower that could be thrown in your honour).

ETA: Also, a bridal luncheon is not mandatory.  You could also take them out for drinks the night before or just give them their gift at the RD.
  • Either something is wrong with my computer, or TK ate posts again......
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • it ate it again. I mentioned this thread on the moderator forum hoping Knot Annie or Knot Kathleen can work some magic. We aren't the only board being affected by the threads disappearing.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Yep, ate my post. Here's my question - 

I have a question about who is supposed to host the bridal luncheon. I thought the bride was supposed to host this to show her appreciation for her wedding party. One of my bridesmaids wants to host it, which is VERY sweet of her, but I think maybe she's doing something that I should be doing for her. I told her this (actually her mom who was asking me about it), and she said "NO! They are supposed to do this to make me feel special." I told her that they already make me feel special, but she wouldn't really hear more about it. lol What do y'all think?

If this is something I'm supposed to do, how do you suggest I handle it? Should I just graciously accept it? Or should I let them know that I really appreciate it, but this is my opportunity and place to make THEM feel special?
    Anniversary
  • I always thought it was something the bride or a close aunt held. I don't think its something a bridesmaid would host. Isn't the luncheon to thank them for helping you, and being a part of your special day?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited March 2012
    It is your opportunity to make THEM feel special... buf if someone is offering to do it, it'd be gracious to accept it.
    My blog
    "I will greatly rejoice in the LORD, My soul shall be joyful in my God; For He has clothed me with the garments of salvation, He has covered me with the robe of righteousness, As a bridegroom decks himself with ornaments, And as a bride adorns herself with her jewels." -Isaiah 61:10 NKJV
  • I agree, you really are supposed to be the one to host the bridal luncheon. But you don't want to sacrifice your friendship over it. If there isn't any way to turn down her offer without hurting her feelings, maybe you could just accept it and plan a different activity that you could host for your girls. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I think you're the one that's supposed to host! If she insists, I'd let her but make it clear you want to do something for them!

imageUntitledmy read shelf:
    Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Okay, I was thinking about it correctly. I agree that I can't really decline because that would hurt her feelings. That's a great idea, Bekah and Faith, to do something else for them. That's really my "problem" (not sure that's the exact word to describe it) with this. I don't want someone else to do something that I'm SUPPOSED to do and something that I WANT to do for them. I will feel much better if I come up with something else I can do for them.  Thank y'all for your advice. :-)
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards